PS4: Sony Sees a Disc-Based Future

So it appears Sony doesn't quite se such a disc based future after all.

http://www.theverge....ion-possibility

If I wasn't at work I'd make a new news topic for this. as it's new and separate news.

I would put that more towards things like the "Journey Collection", PSN games that get the disc treatment as well. I believe Microsoft has a couple of these out as well.

hopefully you're right Hawk, cause as you know the PS3, love her though I may, is quite fond of the whole first download, then install, then update ritual, which with some games takes a good 30 mins. but yeah i'm quite convinced Sony have learned many lessons and will improve the experience.

BTW I love these cloud saves you get when you go Plus! and for the record download speeds from PSN are now back to normal, no idea what happened. Still, goes to show the internet is still too fickle for us to let go of discs just yet.

oh, the whole install thing drives me nuts on the Wii U. used as I am to the 360 and download and play for digital downloads on the Wii U it's 30 minute download, +15 minute install + 10 minute download of patch + 10 minute install of patch...

granted Nintendo obviously have extremely limited experience with software design and patching, but still.

and as much as I love cloud saves, I hate it when I play games I forget if I did cloud save or not and I need to restart the game when I select the wrong save location on startup. most annoying in games that don't allow you to go back far enough to reselect save location(looking at you Halo 4)