Windows 8 CDKEY

So i did a fresh install and installed windows 8 pro with CDKEY. Everything went fine, then my HD died so i installed a new SSD and Installed Windows8 Pro again (within 24hrs) but now my cdkey isnt beening accepted.

Thoughts?

You can only use the key once. Contact MS support and they might set you up with a new key or alter the activation limit. They're usually pretty good with that :)

In order to use the cd key again you have to install windows 7 then upgrade to windows 8 with that key

the cd key ties into the hardware and the os you currently have installed that is legal.

In order to use the cd key again you have to install windows 7 then upgrade to windows 8 with that key

the cd key ties into the hardware and the os you currently have installed that is legal.

Thanks, ended up just doing a upgrade from my Windows 8 Pro. Works and now i have Activated Windows 8 Pro.

Strange, my SSD died and I had to do a fresh install and my Windows 8 key that I purchased as an upgrade key worked fine. I've had to use it 3 times now on this PC and it's worked every time.

The inconsistencies of Windows, eh?

Strange, my SSD died and I had to do a fresh install and my Windows 8 key that I purchased as an upgrade key worked fine. I've had to use it 3 times now on this PC and it's worked every time.

The inconsistencies of Windows, eh?

yea same for me, im wondering if Microsoft has changed there settings.

You can only use the key once. Contact MS support and they might set you up with a new key or alter the activation limit. They're usually pretty good with that :)

Where did you get that from? I've done a few re-installs of 8 just fine with the same key. Depending on your licence the key will associate itself with a specific computer, but a simple hardware change such as a drive swap won't invalidate that system from being activated. Either way sounds like he'll have to call MS activation, but keys aren't a one time activation unless it's a academic alliance/dream spark thing.