The New Firefox Cookie Policy

you don't know about the $400M+ deal Google has with Mozilla?

The deal they have to use a custom google search in which mozilla gets paid for each time it's used....

What's so bad about that precisely?

The deal they have to use a custom google search in which mozilla gets paid for each time it's used....

What's so bad about that precisely?

Well, since Mozilla depends on Google to live on...they will have to make an exception the next time the deal is up for review.

But hey, there's always Microsoft to make a better deal to have Bing as default ;)

you don't know about the $400M+ deal Google has with Mozilla?

What does that have to do with Mozilla blocking third party cookies, that's not going have any affect the deal mozilla has with Google. Google just pays

Mozilla to be default search engine.

doubleclick

there also undisclosed deal between doubleclick & Microsoft,

which manifested in 'doubleclick' line removal from host file,

if you're using default configuration of Windows 8's Windows Defender.

there also undisclosed deal between doubleclick & Microsoft,

which manifested in 'doubleclick' line removal from host file,

if you're using default configuration of Windows 8's Windows Defender.

really? source please?

What am I missing? This option has been in normal FF options for as long as I can remember

Capture.PNG

Because it's a new setting (It allows 3rd party cookies if the 3rd party is known) and it's now the default setting.

I also have an extension for spoofing/blocking the HTTP "referer" header, since that's very rarely used properly (It's mostly used for tracking purposes and restricting access to links from certain domains and such)
network.http.sendRefererHeader

The extension most likely makes use of that to some extent, but the main benefit is the ability to spoof it (My current setup is to block the referer only if it's a 3rd party request, and send a fake referer to some sites that depend on it to work)

Edit: "The extension", not sure why I'm acting like it's a secret or something. It's called RefControl.

I also have an extension for spoofing/blocking the HTTP "referer" header, since that's very rarely used properly (It's mostly used for tracking purposes and restricting access to links from certain domains and such)

Just noticed this, whilst it is rarely used, you will break functionality on some higher-security websites that check the referrer to see if you've submitted something from that site or if someones used a redirect to send you there (such as making a payment, etc.)