34 posts in this topic

About 70% of non-lottery winners are already broke

If I won the lottery and people started asking me for money, I'd just tell them I spent it all on Microsoft points.

It's not illegal to simply say NO.

Personally if i would win many millions (let's say dunno 100) i would give a part of this to my close family (mother, sisters, father, nieces, nephews). Let's say 25% of the total. That's all. Any other request for money would be denied forever.

I would buy a better house, a new car and would invest most of the rest. I would keep enough for my retirement in a rock solid bank without any risk.

I've never won anything and I'm still broke. :p

Its funny how friends and distant relatives just ask for money because you are rich.

that's not funny at all. it shows how greedy ones "friends" and distant relatives can be

Its funny how friends and distant relatives just ask for money because you are rich.

Yea sucks being rich eh :p

Won

2 people like this

Dumb people are still dumb even after they come into a lot of money. Question for the Neowin crowd... You are a person of modest means and win $135 million dollars in a lottery. How do you invest it? I have a philosophy about that but I like to hear from the masses.

Sad but true. Sound financial advice and self-control.

1 post wonder + 2.5 year old thread...

Thread Locked - dead thread