I don't care for Windows 8

A few reasons I can think of off the top of my head:

- Sideways scrolling is off-putting with a mouse

- Viewing all installed programs involves opening the start screen, right clicking on an empty area and having to click All Apps. Why no just have an All Apps button in the wasted space next to the User button.

- The All Apps view is dreadful anyway

- Lack of context menus, and their solution to get around it is fine for touch, not good with a mouse

- Having a open a whole new environment to search or open a program is jarring

- Organisation of files by group is fine, unless you want a lot of tiles. No sort of folders means scrolling.

- Lack of decent customisation options without 3rd party software

Maybe is time for another Country to start a company with there own OS, Since the American ppl can't get things right anymore, and is all becoming corrupt in the U.S.

Just install Start8 and disable all the touch/metro nonsense. Else back to Windows 7. :)

Go back to Windows 7 who would install start8.

Go back to Windows 7 who would install start8.

Personally I like the improvements of Windows 8, but I still can't live without the 'classic' start bar, so I have it installed on all my installations of Windows 8. It's a good compromise between going Windows 7/8.

Personally I like the improvements of Windows 8, but I still can't live without the 'classic' start bar, so I have it installed on all my installations of Windows 8. It's a good compromise between going Windows 7/8.

Improvements what improvements, they got it backwards who in there right mind will take away the start menu bring it back Steve Ballmer you should be getting a pay cut or getting fire, the future Windows will be a big fail if they do away with the desktop.

what improvements

Short list http://en.wikipedia....ew_to_Windows_8

Doesn't even mention the SSD handling improvements, new printer class framework that cuts down the list of drivers installed with Windows, massive cleanup of the forty different ways to do everything, HE ASLR, massively improved chkdsk function, memory combining, tickless kernel and other fun stuff

Short list http://en.wikipedia....ew_to_Windows_8

Doesn't even mention the SSD handling improvements, new printer class framework that cuts down the list of drivers installed with Windows, massive cleanup of the forty different ways to do everything, HE ASLR, massively improved chkdsk function, memory combining, tickless kernel and other fun stuff

Still sucks people who want to try win 8 it isn't worth the money. keep your Windows 7 or XP.

How exactly is windows 8 more stable than windows 7?

Here Warwagon, have some cool-aid. :pacifier: You will see how much more stable Windows 8 is also :shiftyninja:

Netflix/Silverlight broke. Whenever a Netflix video is paused, the screen goes black. Issue began after upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows 7. Reinstalled Windows 8 and issue went away. Month later, issue is back.

I know this is off topic, but if anybody runs into this problem, disabling Hyper-V seems to fix the issue.

Good to know...if I ever agree with you I'm sure that'll mean something.

But, by now hopefully you've realized that you don't agree with them, and that means something too.

Guys I got my location update check it out in my info section.

You've already posted that in how many threads???? Trying to get your post count up for some reason?

I didn't like it, then I thought it was ok, now I love it. Change takes time.

If just for the boot times alone it's well worth it.

But, by now hopefully you've realized that you don't agree with them, and that means something too.

I'm more hoping they realize not everyone agrees with them, so they're basically arguing hostilely that their personal preference is the only one.

And that that never actually works unless your goal was to be ignored in the first place.

I don't care for it but I'll make a topic about it. /s

Everyone is free to voice their opinion. Similarly, everyone is free to ignore what they don't want to read.

This is a "Windows Discussion & Support" forum and the poster is quite on topic.

And last but not least, this is hardly the last one of these kinds of posts because, in essence, we interact with the computers on a deeply personal level now and the UI is inherently a personal matter.

• Like 2

Everyone is free to voice their opinion. Similarly, everyone is free to ignore what they don't want to read.

This is a "Windows Discussion & Support" forum and the poster is quite on topic.

And last but not least, this is hardly the last one of these kinds of posts because, in essence, we interact with the computers on a deeply personal level now and the UI is inherently a personal matter.

I understand and I am sorry to the OP if I sounded rude. Had a rough day and all that. The only thing that bummed me was that there is a "I hate Windows 8" thread every day.

OP also forgot that there is already a Windows 8 discussion thread. https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1097243-poll-windows-8-experience-how-do-you-like-it/

Do we really need another thread on this? It's just the same people whining over and over.

Yes, I agree. You guys really should stop reading and posting in threads you don't "care for." Since people like you can't control themselves and stay out of threads they don't care for or agree with, what makes you think people that don't care for Windows 8 can stop posting their thoughts about it?

Windows 8 doesn't do it for me one simple reason.

It is a built for touch, those of us with desktop machines find it simply (for most of us) unworkable and unbearable to work with.

I still think they need 2 distinct operating systems.

1 for touch based devices, and another for home desktop machines with mouse and keyboard inputs.

Because of that, I'm sticking with Windows 7, and I know MANY others doing the same for the above reasons.

No. It works fine with desktop, don't use any metro apps and you will be fine.

Just built new computer, don't care for Windows 8; good topic.

I didn't care for Windows 8 much, and there's still a lot I don't like about it. Modern UI Search is abysmal, and the Core Media apps are crap, and there's no Modern Media/Playlist/Sync app for Windows Phone 8 or Surface RT. It needs Zune Modern UI bad, but MS isn't going to make that piece of middleware. They're stuck on stupid with the craptastic Xbox Music app for Windows 8.

Having said that, Windows 8 Desktop Environment is a meaningful upgrade from Windows 7. Get Start8 or a similar start menu replacement and you won't think of going back. Modern UI apps themselves aren't bad, especially if Snap is designed well. But the Start Page is mostly a wasted, doesn't handle lots of tiles well, and has no folders/nesting. Modern UI, right now, is primarily for tablets and to me that's not debatable. If full-blown high end Modern UI apps show up, that may change. I think games will come first, and they perform better under Windows 8.

So, if you new PC budget has $5 left, I highly recommend purchasing Start8 and moving forward with Windows 8.

You are in luck today, WP app got an update today with playlist support. They still haven't fixed the awful Xbox apps though.

Yes, I agree. You guys really should stop reading and posting in threads you don't "care for." Since people like you can't control themselves and stay out of threads they don't care for or agree with, what makes you think people that don't care for Windows 8 can stop posting their thoughts about it?

well they should at least try thinking about new reasons why they "don't care for Windows 8" or "hate Windows 8".