• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:31

Actually I didn't, only the ones who buy from terrible OEMs who don't optimize the software and who then go on and keep buying new models with better top end spcs because they have to have the fastest because their phone isn't fast enough, and then they go on forums and brag about how android doesn't lag, yet they're still waiting for the SGSIV to be even faster....

Sure they do. Ad the couple of seconds it takes to upload a photo with 3G badly warrants the absolute need to have LTE. 3 is already fast enough for large attachments and all that crap. And tormenting on our ponies just ridiculous anyway.

All of which (you've conveniently left out), is simply your opinion. Not fact.

#17 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:20

or based on experience from hundreds of people.

#18 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,776 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:26

or based on experience from hundreds of people.

Which equates to not really as extreme as you make it sound when compared to the experience of millions. Ultimately, its still simply your opinion. Even more so with regards to what you believe is acceptable data speed on a cellular network.

#19 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:30

Well look at the forum posts of all these top end phone buyers. pretty much EVERY one of them falls in line with what I say, they buy them because they're faster, but they don't know why they need a faster phone, and of course there's no lag or slowdown on their current top of the line phone.

And there's a reason why Google commends Sony on the work they do with android while they never mention samsung despite them being the top seller of android by many times.

#20 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,630 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 13:17

Sure they do. Ad the couple of seconds it takes to upload a photo with 3G badly warrants the absolute need to have LTE. 3 is already fast enough for large attachments and all that crap. And tormenting on our ponies just ridiculous anyway.

People also use their cell phone as their main internet connection.

#21 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 18:51

I have NEVER seen anyone do that, or heard of anyone do that.

#22 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,367 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 18:59

As soon as I read about Android lag, I give up on a post. Have had 4 different Android handsets from the ridiculously cheap to the absolute top end. Never experienced lag, at all, on any.

As for this phone... Fastest "in theory" in the world is more accurate because if no network can deliver those speeds, the spec becomes irrelevant. What are the other features like?

#23 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:08

As soon as I read about Android lag, I give up on a post. Have had 4 different Android handsets from the ridiculously cheap to the absolute top end. Never experienced lag, at all, on any.

As for this phone... Fastest "in theory" in the world is more accurate because if no network can deliver those speeds, the spec becomes irrelevant. What are the other features like?

I find that hard to believe. all handsets have lag, android, ios, BB, WP. all of them. the degree varies of course. But unless those 4 android handsets are all top end handsets in the last 6 months. you've definitely had lag

of course the name lag is a misnomer anyway. as it's not really lag, but it acted like lag on early android handsets, especially on the lock screen where the slide to unlock would "lag" behind our finger as opposed to iOS which since the start was very accurate on following your motion. more commonly it's simply the phone "freezing" up for second or less as you switch between stuff.

Also how does network speed make the phone any slower... does th speed of your Internet connection change the speed of your computer and make your games run on lower settings ? there's some crazy arguments here.

#24 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,776 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:36

I have NEVER seen anyone do that, or heard of anyone do that.

I guess because you've never seen this done, it must mean it doesn't exist. Glad we cleared that up :rolleyes:

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:49

it also doesn't make sense, MBB has lower BW limits than any other BB, well most BB over here don't have any, its heavily effected by amount of connected users, tethered phones are terrible modems/routers, it far more expensive than any other solution. latency is a bitch.

There's just no good reason to use MBB as your main BB, unless it's your only option, in which case you probably don't have access to LTE anyway as you're way out in somewhere you're lucky to get 2.5G speeds when the weather is perfect for it.

#26 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,844 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 26 February 2013 - 19:51

I am still not getting the point of having a quad core 1.x GHz CPU + 4GB of RAM inside my phone. I understand the storage needs but what are these phones going to do different than say Galaxy SIII? All they are doing is bumping specs for selling more (just like how TVs went from tube sizes to LCDs to 3D TVs to smart TVs to whatever current fad).
Google isn't doing enough on the software side to warrant such high specs. :/

This is like running just a web browser on a high end x64CPU..oh wait. :p

#27 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,776 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 20:12

it also doesn't make sense, MBB has lower BW limits than any other BB, well most BB over here don't have any, its heavily effected by amount of connected users, tethered phones are terrible modems/routers, it far more expensive than any other solution. latency is a bitch.

There's just no good reason to use MBB as your main BB, unless it's your only option, in which case you probably don't have access to LTE anyway as you're way out in somewhere you're lucky to get 2.5G speeds when the weather is perfect for it.

So what you're saying is, it's possible...just unlikely and or not logical (In your opinion of course). Which in the end, does not mean it doesn't happen (ever), just that you personally see no reason/benefit to using a mobile network as your main form of Internet. For the record, I know of several people in Europe who don't have the luxury of both Internet at home and carrying a cell phone, so they choose the most logical option. Cell + Internet in one. They are able to communicate from wherever they need to and can access the Internet anytime they need to. Aside from the fact that WiFi is available all over the place (around the globe), you really need to stop spouting your opinions as fact.

#28 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 20:20

and these people download a lot of torrents on their phones....

#29 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

• 1,776 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 20:31

and these people download a lot of torrents on their phones....

Over WiFi, I'm sure they do. However, once again....you're implying something ridiculous such as in order to fully use an Internet connection, one must be a download torrents. :rolleyes:

#30 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 20:34

actually, I wasn't the one who claimed that.

and then again, that kinda invalidates the whole LTE thing anyway.