Facebook Question

My company has a business page in Facebook.

My question concerns Likes. The more likes you get, what does that specifically do?

Is the page more relevant? Do we rise in Facebook standings?

I want to create a like gate whereby if consumers like us we can offer a 5% promotional discount. I just dont know if it is worth it as I need some clarity on the likes system.

Thank you

There is no exact answer as to what likes do, but there are many reasons why, depending on the industry your business is in... why you would want to get many likes for your facebook page.

For example you can drive a lot of traffic to your website, using a promotional code as you said, may increase traffic and bring new customers to your page.

You can also attract new customers who maybe never heard about you, but because people tend to share, like or comment on facebook, friends of friends may see the comment or like, and maybe stumble upon your page and discover your business.

It all has to do on the branding of your business, and how you brand it.

Getting likes is not that easy, and once you do get them, you have to be active on a daily basis to keep those likes, otherwise all your hard work is gone to waste.

Also social media, can have a good impact on your SEO, because it can create a lot of links, if something was to go viral, and end up bringing more traffic to your website, as i already mentioned.

It's a good thing to have, but like i said, depending on the type of industry your business is in, it may be hard and time consuming to achieve what you are looking for.

What does it mean to "Like" something?

Clicking Like under something you or a friend posts on Facebook is an easy way to let someone know that you enjoy it, without leaving a comment. Just like a comment though, the fact that you liked it is noted beneath the item.

For example, if you click a Like link beneath a friend's video:

• It'll be noted beneath the video that you liked it
  • A story will be posted to your timeline that you liked your friend's video
  • Your friend will get a notification that you liked his or her video

What's the difference between liking an item a friend posts and liking a Page?

Liking a Page means you are connecting to that Page. When you connect to a Page, it will appear in your timeline and you will appear on the Page as a person who likes that Page. The Page will also be able to post content into your news feed.

On the other hand, when you click Like on a piece of content that a friend posts, you're simply letting your friend know that you like it without leaving a comment.

https://www.facebook...52446998120360/

Advertising.

IF you have/sell advertising, the more likes you have, the more you can up the price on the advert space you have. Or when trying to sell X products say a cellphone.

Best buy will carry the iPhone Galaxy xInfinitum, ONLY if you can achieve 1,000,000 likes in the manafactures page or viceversa, the manufacturer will let you carry the device if you have 1,000,000 likes. etc.

Thanks for the helpful answers. I do appreciate it.

I have some thinking to do because yeah it is not easy and you have to be on it constantly. I dont know if i will have the time since I do several other things..

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am back with some more questions. As I have been using Facebook I have been learning more but I now ask about posting.

Lets say I have a new account and have one friend connected to me.

When I do a post should I do it on my timeline or news feed? When do I post there does it also show on their side?

or

Do I need to post on their time line or news feed? I just want to know which is the quickest method to get my posts distributed to consumers that Like Us.

Thank you