• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 05 March 2013 - 13:12

I your bank doesn't have a decent mobile webpage that you can use to pay bills and such... switch to a decent bank. Even my local little bank here has one. and the bank app, due to security reasons, it can only be used for moving money between your own accounts and checking your accounts. as it should be.

#32 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64Ce Pro w/Media nter Pack/Core i7 4790K/16GB DDR3 1600/Samsung 850 Pro 256GB x 2 - Raid 0/Transcend M.2 256GB/ASRock Z97E-ITXac/GTX 970
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 05 March 2013 - 17:51

The Facebook app I have on my phone right now is from MS. I'd say it's as official as it gets unless Facebook writes it's own.

WP8? The old app, it's not official if it's not facebook, but yes, MS is better than third party only the MS app for WP7 does not and never has functioned properly with notifications for more people that not. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Are you for real? You are complaining that there are no first party apps and that is somehow Microsoft and their hardware partners fault how?

I stopped reading after that because the rest was based off this fallacy as that's NOT what I said. Reread what I said and stop attributing the voices in your head to me.

But since you mention it, it is not their fault, though if they're smart they'll make it their problem and proactively fix it with regards to the most in demand apps. It's a problem in general for the platform because those apps are on competing platforms that have great phones. Do you comprehend that, at all?!?

So you are saying this is your first smartphone? :p

Uh...there is an official facebook app for Windows Phone. It is published by Microsoft.

You are right, the WP7 apps will work, but it is flawed which is why people want a native one. Notifications work spotty for some, a day and a half later for others, and never for some. This is one of the most important features and the primary reason for an app as opposed to a browser on a phone. Android and iPhone with the facebook produced app have no issues whatsoever with this or any other aspect.

#33 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 05 March 2013 - 18:23

It's been updated to version 4.x which added WP8 features like the lock screen picture options and so on. Sure it's not from FB itself but it's something.

#34 OP Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 10 March 2013 - 00:10

It's been updated to version 4.x which added WP8 features like the lock screen picture options and so on. Sure it's not from FB itself but it's something.

There's a better version on the way: http://www.neowin.ne...being-worked-on

:)