Sister's Fiancee shot and killed

This was my little sister's fiancee. I really don't have much to say.

I'm not going to be around Neowin much for awhile. My little sister is staying with me as we try and get through this. The wake is tomorrow and the funeral Thursday. I would post a picture of him here but I can't even look at one yet without crying. Dillon was a good kid and a great father, and sweet partner for my sister. He will be missed, so so dearly.

Please, I beg of you guys. Don't argue guns here. I'll talk to you all later, when this.. "passes" I guess...

BOONEVILLE ? One man was shot and killed in the Wheeler community near Booneville on Friday night.

Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar said the man suspected in the shooting turned himself in Saturday morning just before 7 a.m. Daniel Wayne Green was charged Saturday with manslaughter, culpable negligence.

Authorities confirmed the man killed is 21-year-old Dillon James Radke.

Tolar said a call came into 911 at 10:25 p.m. Friday as an open line call, meaning no one was on the phone to report what happened. Police were dispatched to 14 County Road 5121 where they reported finding a young white male with a single gunshot wound to the chest.

Tolar said the man died of his wounds on the scene.

The suspect reportedly fled on food and deputies searched the area through the night.

?We eventually came into contact with his mother who brought him to the sheriff?s office,? Tolar said. ?We have interviewed several witnesses.?

The body of the deceased man was taken to Jackson for an autopsy.

http://djournal.com/...ounty-shooting?

EDIT: This was from the wake last night. It helped us all a lot, being together.

post-46379-0-83412700-1362070922.jpg

Edited by Perfect72

Oh dear lord.

These things happen so often, we tend to forget the very personal impact this has on the people who know them. I can't imagine finding love like that and then having it brutally taken away for no good reason... :cry: My heart breaks for all of you, especially your sister. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear this Perfect.

My thoughts and I'd imagine everyone else's here are with you during this time.

Best of luck getting through this tragedy.

That's horrible, and I wish you well, but why would you share something so personal and devastating on here?

Is that so odd? He has been here for 9 years and is a subscriber. Maybe he likes Neowin? Community and support doesn't have to be only your family.

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear about your loss. This is going to be incredibly hard to get through. As hard as it will be, stay strong for your sister. She's going to need you!

That's horrible, and I wish you well, but why would you share something so personal and devastating on here?

Why not? :rolleyes:

Is that so odd? He has been here for 9 years and is a subscriber. Maybe he likes Neowin? Community and support doesn't have to be only your family.

Why not? :rolleyes:

I guess I wouldn't share such private things so freely.

I guess I wouldn't share such private things so freely.

If I had to guess, as I actually wrote a blog post (back when I used the blog here) about my cousin killing himself, and it very much served as therapy so to speak. I had a lot of emotions bottled up and was not quite sure where to turn. So even though we are all virtual strangers at the end of the day, there is a community vibe here no doubt. Like when I see a post by you, I go "oh, its compl3x, I know him," even though I do not know YOU so to speak.

So yeah, may seem strange at first, but I bet it helped him get it out to someone, anyone.

• Like 3

Yikes, sorry for your loss! I hope you and your sister are doing well, and recover quickly.

BTW, really?

The suspect reportedly fled on food and deputies searched the area through the night.
How do you flee on food? :shifty:

Sometimes you just need to tell someone, and if that is on a forum then so be it.

OP I am so sorry for your loss, and i hope your sister can get through this with your support, thoughts are with you man <3

I truly appreciate all the kind sentiments from you guys. It means a lot to me, and my sister knows I frequent here; I will let her see this when the time is right.

If I had to guess, as I actually wrote a blog post (back when I used the blog here) about my cousin killing himself, and it very much served as therapy so to speak. I had a lot of emotions bottled up and was not quite sure where to turn. So even though we are all virtual strangers at the end of the day, there is a community vibe here no doubt. Like when I see a post by you, I go "oh, its compl3x, I know him," even though I do not know YOU so to speak.

So yeah, may seem strange at first, but I bet it helped him get it out to someone, anyone.

As Larry said, for me, it is a form of therapy. Neowin is the only online community I am apart of, and it somewhat feels like a family. It gives me a warm feeling knowing people here truly care, and I would do the same for them, regardless if I know them or not. Most people in my life don't see me cry; my sister relies on me to be strong, and be a shoulder to cry on. I can't turn and do the same around her. I come here where people don't know me that personally, and I don't mind to let my feelings flow so much. This acts as my "shoulder," so to speak.

Again, I really do appreciate it everyone. I hope everyone is well and I love all of you, even if I don't know you. The wake last night really helped a lot of us. Updated the original post with a picture.

I have to go get ready for the funeral. Everyone be well, and remember to remind loved ones you love them. Take care.