• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,585 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:31

Yikes, sorry for your loss! I hope you and your sister are doing well, and recover quickly.

BTW, really?

The suspect reportedly fled on food and deputies searched the area through the night.

How do you flee on food? :shifty:

#17 +Byté

Byté

Neowinian

• 982 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:35

Sometimes you just need to tell someone, and if that is on a forum then so be it.

OP I am so sorry for your loss, and i hope your sister can get through this with your support, thoughts are with you man <3

#18 blade1269

blade1269

Jesus Saved me! A Christian!

• 1,719 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:49

Neowin group hug bro, this is some thing we need to rally around, and quit all the bickering around here...

#19 OP Perfect72

Perfect72

Neowinian Senior

• 2,168 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 28 February 2013 - 17:01

I truly appreciate all the kind sentiments from you guys. It means a lot to me, and my sister knows I frequent here; I will let her see this when the time is right.

That's horrible, and I wish you well, but why would you share something so personal and devastating on here?

If I had to guess, as I actually wrote a blog post (back when I used the blog here) about my cousin killing himself, and it very much served as therapy so to speak. I had a lot of emotions bottled up and was not quite sure where to turn. So even though we are all virtual strangers at the end of the day, there is a community vibe here no doubt. Like when I see a post by you, I go "oh, its compl3x, I know him," even though I do not know YOU so to speak.

So yeah, may seem strange at first, but I bet it helped him get it out to someone, anyone.

As Larry said, for me, it is a form of therapy. Neowin is the only online community I am apart of, and it somewhat feels like a family. It gives me a warm feeling knowing people here truly care, and I would do the same for them, regardless if I know them or not. Most people in my life don't see me cry; my sister relies on me to be strong, and be a shoulder to cry on. I can't turn and do the same around her. I come here where people don't know me that personally, and I don't mind to let my feelings flow so much. This acts as my "shoulder," so to speak.

Again, I really do appreciate it everyone. I hope everyone is well and I love all of you, even if I don't know you. The wake last night really helped a lot of us. Updated the original post with a picture.
I have to go get ready for the funeral. Everyone be well, and remember to remind loved ones you love them. Take care.