American Horror Story "Coven"

bates.png

Kathy Bates has joined the cast of the third season of FX's "American Horror Story," TV Line reports. She joins the returning Frances Conroy, Taissa Farmiga, Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe (all of whom will be playing new roles).

Bates, well known to genre fans for her performance in Misery, will play an old friend to Lange's character who is soon revealed to actually be a nemesis.

Season three is again planned to run for 13 episodes with production slated to begin this summer and the season premiering this fall.

Co-Creators/Executive Producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have not announced the new title or story for the next incarnation of the "American Horror Story" franchise, but check back for details as soon as they become available.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=100861

Nice, just hope the show can get back to the better Season 01 vibe. I had very mixed feelings on Season 02. Parts of it were better then Season 01, but overall it was worse IMHO. Awesome addition though.

Nice, just hope the show can get back to the better Season 01 vibe. I had very mixed feelings on Season 02. Parts of it were better then Season 01, but overall it was worse IMHO. Awesome addition though.

I loved how ****ed up Season 2 was

Great! love her!

Had a fetish for getting my ankles broken ever since she was in misery. :D

I can help?

Cant wait for season 3 of this, season 2 was ****ed up but i loved it

?Oh, Kathy?s never [played] someone this bad,? Ryan Murphy revealed to TVLine with a laugh at PaleyFest Wednesday night, where he was honored with the event?s inaugural Icon Award. ?Her [character] is a bad, bad woman!?

While most details surrounding the acclaimed actress? buzzy new role are being kept under wraps, Murphy couldn?t help but raise fans? expectations just a teensy bit more by promising that Bates? Horror Story nemesis is ?five times worse than [her] Misery character ? which is why she liked it.

?When I pitched this to Kathy, her mouth was drop-jawed because what I was pitching actually happened,? Murphy continued. ?It?s a true event? You?ll see. It?s some good stuff.?

?Jessica told me in Season 1 that Kathy was a huge fan of the show, so I just put that in the back of my mind,? the prolific producer explained. ?When we were crafting this season, I found this character ? a true-life character ? so I called Kathy and said, ?I don?t know if you want to do TV again, but I?ve got this character?? She said, ?I love you and I love the show. Lemme think for two weeks? ? and then she called me in an hour and said, ?I love it! I?ll do it!? It was great.?

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/american-horror-story-season-3-ryan.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

86.png

American Horror Story Exclusive: Emma Roberts Joins the FX Spookfest's Coven

American Horror Story: Coven has cast its spell on Emma Roberts.

The Scream 4 actress is nearing a deal to join the FX drama?s witch-themed third chapter, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Roberts ? who most recently starred in Fox?s ill-fated pilot Delirium ? will play a self-involved party girl by the name of Madison.

Fun fact: Roberts? casting places her on screen alongside real-life boyfriend, Horror Story vet Evan Peters.

As previously reported, AHS fixtures Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy and Taissa Farmiga will be back for Season 3. Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Patti LuPone and Gabourey Sidibe, meanwhile, are among the addictive hit?s fresh faces.

• 2 months later...