Just got a new AV to HDMI converter. Does not display the video. Need help

Hello helpers from all over the world! I'm into a somewhat infuriating situation.

Around a month ago, I purchased from eBay a V2HD video converter box, so I could hook my Wii to my Samsung SyncMaster 2494 - 1080p monitor, which only has DVI and VGA inputs.

This little box is supposed to convert a composite/component/s-video signal and output it to an HDMI one.

As you can see, the box did not work. It didn't output the video signal. **

I contacted the seller, and troubleshooted doing the basic stuff:

- Checking the cables.

- Seeing that everything was connected properly

- Trying the converter on other devices.

Nada.

The seller send me a new device, which I received today.

I'm about to hook it up and....! Ta da! Nothing again! I sent a new message to the seller, and I've yet to receive a reply. Henceforth, I would love to see if someone can give me some tips on how to fix this.

Here is how I'm setting up everything:

I have an HDMI-DVI cable which I have used to hook up from Blu-Ray players to Xbox 360s. Every HDMI capable device, has been successfully connected. So the cable is not the problem.

I hook up the video (Yellow cable) to the V2HD's input, and connect the HDMI end to the output. the audio cables are connected to my Logitech speakers.

Symptoms: No image is displayed. Audio is going normally through the speakers. The Monitor's screen is pitch black, but it stays as it it detects some kind of input.

I've left the device turned on, ever since, and I can see from time to time, some distorted stripes popping on the screen and vanishing in an instant.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot :D

Note*: The instruction manual doesn't come with a troubleshoot section. In fact, it's just a quick start-up guide, which doesn't seem to hint at my problem.

** I lent the device to my friend, since in my home there are no HDMI capable televisions, to test it out on another device. For our surprise the Audio did went through, but the video didn't.

Just was checking the difference, half an hour ago.

Yes, the monitor is DVI-D

Ah sorry, I misread what you were doing, I thought you were trying to carry an analogue signal through a DVI lead

The V2HD box should push out the digital signal and then you are using an HDMI > DVI adapter to connect to the LCD...

How long is the HDMI>DVI cable ? Maybe its too long for the V2HD to push the signal out to ? Not sure off hand the max length of HDMI cables

Have you tried it using a normal HDMI > HDMI cable into a different HDMI LCD ? Just to rule out the HDMI > DVI conversion

What device is outputting the composite signal? Maybe whatever it is, is not set up to output via composite? Do you have any TV's that you can hook up directly composite to composite to make sure it's outputting video?

Have you tried the V2HD's other inputs (Component, S-video, audio)?

Ah sorry, I misread what you were doing, I thought you were trying to carry an analogue signal through a DVI lead

The V2HD box should push out the digital signal and then you are using an HDMI > DVI adapter to connect to the LCD...

How long is the HDMI>DVI cable ? Maybe its too long for the V2HD to push the signal out to ? Not sure off hand the max length of HDMI cables

Have you tried it using a normal HDMI > HDMI cable into a different HDMI LCD ? Just to rule out the HDMI > DVI conversion

The cable is like 5 Feet long.

A friend already tried HDMI - HDMI and yielded the same results.

Is this device powered? As in you have to plug it into the wall?

Yes. The device is A/C powered

What device is outputting the composite signal? Maybe whatever it is, is not set up to output via composite? Do you have any TV's that you can hook up directly composite to composite to make sure it's outputting video?

Have you tried the V2HD's other inputs (Component, S-video, audio)?

The device is a Wii :p.

And yes, I have a small TV screen and I can verify that it IS outputting the video.

Hell, after 4 hours of leaving it turned on, I can see some blinking images of the Wii's Home Screen.

Thanks all for the help :D

I think I would get a refund and buy from someone else this time :)

I think so :)

Funny thing is, I've found someone on YouTube who had this device and worked flawlessly... Seems that isn't the case with me...

Well, thanks a lot for the help! :D

you should take a look at this --> http://www.neoya.com/shop/wii2hdmi/

got it a little while ago for my wii, as my new TV didn't have anything else but HDMI and cable input, and it's working very well.

No delay or image degradation, like my old pioneer receiver did when converting anything to HDMI.

you should take a look at this --> http://www.neoya.com/shop/wii2hdmi/

got it a little while ago for my wii, as my new TV didn't have anything else but HDMI and cable input, and it's working very well.

No delay or image degradation, like my old pioneer receiver did when converting anything to HDMI.

BTW.

This has been the response:

http://s1101.beta.photobucket.com/user/ohyounger/media/okeba/VC030FORRCAinput_zpsd3249e6f.mp4.html

I've tried this too, and can't seem to get it work. :/

Ok. Sorry for not posting back. I went yesterday to a friend's house who has an HDMI-capable TV. I tested out the box, and it DID work.

I've received feedback from other users, that converters are pretty picky and that it will only work with an HDMI based solution.

What I can't understand is, why it does NOT work with a DVI-HDMI cable? Every other HDMI capable device I have tried, has worked flawlessly. Yes, it is a DVI-D capable device....

Could it be that it has different pins? I have a DVI-HDMI cable that every device, except PCs recognizes. Could this be the same issue?