Do you have an active Non-American Netflix subscription and wish to watch American Netflix content?
Well If you have a Windows 8 pro/RT device I have a tool for you. The Netflix Region tool.
I have recently created a tool that will work both on Windows 8 pro devices as well as RT devices such as the Surface. However it is currently in Beta stages and will only work with the Surface RT/Pro, however it is quite simple to get it to work with other devices. We will discuss this further later on.
This is a very simple tool that will allow users in Canada (and Possibly other countries) watch American Netflix content. This tool is meant for Windows 8 devices because you must use the Netflix Modern App to gain access and not the web browser interface.
This is what the tool looks like.
- Option 1 will turn on the ability to view American netflix content
- Option 2 will turn off the ability to view American Netflix Content (You will want to turn it off when you are not using it because it may cause issues browsing the web with this tool turned on)
- Option 3 will open up the network connections folder where you can see all of your network adapters. (This will be useful for users who do not have a Surface Pro/RT device Because you will need to rename your Network adapter to “Wi-Fi”. This is because the Surface pro/RT use the name Wi-Fi for there network card)
- Option 4 will take you to the about page.
- Option 5 will exit the tool
If you are a user without a Surface Pro/RT you will need to use option 3 first to open up the network connections folder and select the network adapter you are currently using and rename it to “Wi-Fi”(Right click the network card and select rename). This is just the visual name of the network card it will not effect your network what so ever. Once you have changed the network card name you can now select option 1 and the tool will work just like if you have a Surface Pro/RT.
For more information and FAQs please visit my Blog at DroidKid.net or DroidKid.wordpress.com