Photo

Netflix Region Tool - Watch American Netflix content in Canada!

win8

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 15:19

This can be achieved by just setting your connection to using an American Proxy. I wrote a proxy app for a buddy that he could use for cheating on voting sites, I use the same program load it with a bunch of USA Proxies, and work my way through them until I find a full speed one.

Have tested and confirmed it's IP based regional content, and a basic proxy works.

#17 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 27 February 2013 - 15:39

not sure about the rest of the world, but the US and Canada netflix work on the same password. The determining factor of the content shown would be where they see you device. I use http://www.unblock-us.com/ and that way i get to use the built in netflix app on Windows Media Center. Tried your tool for the WMC app with windows 7 and doesn't work. Not that I expected it to, just putting it out there in case people were wondering.

I also use unblock-us,and you can also get Netflix mexico,brazil,UK. All have different content as well. I switch from time to time,and there are always different movies and tv shows,although sometimes some of these will have subtitles in their language that you cant turn off.

#18 OP droidkid

droidkid

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 27 February 2013 - 15:47

In order to do this you still have to have a Netflix account created in one of the markets where Netflix is supported right? It's not possible to sign up for Netflix in a country where it's not supported then use a tool or one of the above posted services to get access to the US Netflix right?

Thats correct, as long as you have say a Canadian or UK Netflix account you can use one of the tools above to access American content. My tool was designed more for the windows RT brand because it does not support .exe application. Like some people have said other tools like this exist but they are geared towards full Windows OS and not RT.

This can be achieved by just setting your connection to using an American Proxy. I wrote a proxy app for a buddy that he could use for cheating on voting sites, I use the same program load it with a bunch of USA Proxies, and work my way through them until I find a full speed one.

Have tested and confirmed it's IP based regional content, and a basic proxy works.

Yup all the script does is change the DNS settings on the device. The tool was deisgned for the adverage user to be able to have a quick way of doing this on a Windows RT device, However this will work on a Windows 8 device with a few tweaks.

#19 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 27 February 2013 - 15:48

Does anyone know the benefits of the paid one from Unblock-us VS using the free proxydns? Is there any downsides to using the free one?

well, proxydns says its free beta,so they might end up charging for it later. I use unblock-us not only for Netflix,but for NHL Gamecenter Live,so proxydns doesn't do it for me.

#20 OP droidkid

droidkid

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 27 February 2013 - 21:54

stay tuned for version 1.1 it will work on any windows 8 device without needing to edit the network card name