california shareholder meeting money manager rumor twitter

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,553 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 14:48

Apple (AAPL) shares got a boost Tuesday afternoon on rumors that the company may announce a split on Wednesday during its annual shareholder meeting.

The rumor comes from former money manager and current TheStreet.com contributor Douglas Kass, who did not disclose his source.

“High above the Alps my Gnome is hearing a rumor that Apple will announce a stock split at tomorrow’s shareholder meeting,”

Kass wrote in a post on Twitter, providing no further details. Apple shares rose more than 1.4% on the rumor after nearing a new closing low.

Posted Image

source

#2 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 14:49

after nearing a new closing low.

... this year.

#3 Manish

Manish

Neowinian Senior

• 1,538 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 14:57

Apparently the rumour/tweet was just a ruse to manipulate the value of Apple's shares.

http://www.networkwo...nity/node/82539

#4 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,650 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 17:23

Got a boost? They are at 447 currently. What were they at yesterday and before?

Never mind...

Apparently the rumour/tweet was just a ruse to manipulate the value of Apple's shares.

http://www.networkwo...nity/node/82539

Figures.

#5 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 17,254 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 17:27

hedge fund managers pull this crap all the time they want money, it should be illegal to manipulate stock price for a gain like this

it's almost like another form of insider trading, just in this case you are making the information up to force the price in your favor from the outside...

#6 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,829 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 17:53

hedge fund managers pull this crap all the time they want money, it should be illegal to manipulate stock price for a gain like this

it's almost like another form of insider trading, just in this case you are making the information up to force the price in your favor from the outside...

It's no different than these "analysts" who put out massively inflated figures, causing the share prices to conveniently tank once said company doesn't meet them (check Apple's last earnings call - their best quarter ever - but because it didn't meet these analysts' ridiculous predictions, the shares dropped).

#7 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 17,254 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 19:18

It's no different than these "analysts" who put out massively inflated figures, causing the share prices to conveniently tank once said company doesn't meet them (check Apple's last earnings call - their best quarter ever - but because it didn't meet these analysts' ridiculous predictions, the shares dropped).

yeah, I know how it all works... just wish there was consequences for those "analysis" and managers manipulating the market

#8 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:23

I believe it when I see it.