Planning a trip across the pond, tips/suggestions/whatever

Yea, having issues with ATT not unlocking my iPhone. So think I'll be forced to use their crap.

Anything decent to see in Dublin? Its about 100$ cheaper to fly there, can stay or a day or two, then seems to only cost like 50$ to take a train+ferry to london.

I'd recommend a trip to the Gravity Bar after a tour of the the Guinness factory.

Also the Mac bus tour is good to get some of the history of the city.

For drunkenness head to the Temple Bar area. Not very Irish but great for a night out.

Another vote yes for Edinburgh <3

Definitely bring warm clothes--lots of wind and rain, if you have wellies (waterproof rain boots) that'd be good too but any decent walking shoes will suffice.

Also a good camera, if you're doing the touristy thing, because compared to the US the landscape over there is just beautiful, especially if you do manage to catch it on a sunny day. (It's happened a few times, I swear!)

As others have said, definitely use public transport if you can. The Oyster travel card is a good idea--and if you do find yourself needing a taxi, ask around for private hire companies rather than the black cabs (PM me for a number for a good one in Edinburgh, if you do end up going there and want to have it for an emergency).

Last, don't be afraid to try new things! I know you're a picky SOB about your food, but #yolo and all that jazz. Seriously, you gotta try certain things when you're there--fish and chips and mushy peas from a proper chippy, haggis, curry, black pudding, Irn-Bru, jaffa cakes, real Cadbury chocolate, and any local beers you can get your hands on.

Have a great time! :D

Recommend me some places in Scotland? Hotels, Cities, Attractions...

Loch Ness, and Guth's house -- something strange will happen at one of those. :shifty:

Yea, having issues with ATT not unlocking my iPhone. So think I'll be forced to use their crap.

Anything decent to see in Dublin? Its about 100$ cheaper to fly there, can stay or a day or two, then seems to only cost like 50$ to take a train+ferry to london.

There is a show with Anthony Bourdain called The Layover (formerly No Reservations) that may have some good suggestions on places in Dublin. Mostly surrounding food and pubs.

Awesome suggestions,

Now what about outside of london, I'm up for going anywhere.

Nottingham's cury center is great for a night out on a Friday or Saturday night.