Uncharted 3 Multiplayer goes free to play

^ Read where?

I can't imagine it would be anywhere near that.

Edit:

On Tuesday, Feb. 26, Sony Computer Entertainment and Naughty Dog made ?Uncharted 3: Drake?s Deception? available for download off the PlayStation Store in addition to the game?s multiplayer going to a free-to-play model.

While the multiplayer aspect of ?Uncharted 3? is available as a free download, those who have not yet purchased ?Uncharted 3: Drake?s Deception? may consider purchasing the full title off the PlayStation Store.

Naughty Dog and Sony have made ?Uncharted 3: Drake?s Deception Game of the Year Edition? available for digital purchase from the in-game store. This digital version of the game includes all twelve downloadable maps, all Co-Op multiplayer modes, and over forty character skins.

Though bursting with content, the digital version of ?Uncharted 3: Drake?s Deception? will also take a hefty toll on your PS3 HDD. Those interested in downloading the full ?Uncharted 3: Drake?s Deception Game of the Year Edition? package will need 87GB of free HDD space -- the download itself will only be 43.5GB.

For most, the digital version of ?Uncharted 3: Drake?s Deception? may be too large. If you haven?t played ?Uncharted 3: Drake?s Deception? and are willing to download 43.5GB of game data, this is the deal you?ve been waiting for.

http://www.examiner....d-size-revealed

So that is for the GOTY edition of UC3, not just the F2P MP.

I thought Online play is free on PS3. Not?

Online play is free, but you have to buy the game to play its multiplayer. Here, they are giving you the Multiplayer component for free from the PSN (capped @ Lv 15)

Online play is free, but you have to buy the game to play its multiplayer. Here, they are giving you the Multiplayer component for free from the PSN (capped @ Lv 15)

Ah! I was trying to figure that out, because as other's have said multiplayer is free on PSN. I didn't recall needing to pay for it...now it makes complete sense! thanks for that :happy: