76 posts in this topic

An XP SP2-like service pack. I think it'll be closer to what Windows 98SE was to Windows 98.

Or what OEM Service Release 2 was to Windows 95.

Even though that particular release was aimed at "new-build" PCs, the hardware requirements for OEMSR2 were, in fact, no higher than that of the original Windows 95. Also, most of what was included in this version did become available to everyone else via downloadable updates from Microsoft itself. (The updated Clients for Microsoft and Netware Networks were surprisingly popular.)

Something like a "backpage news" : If you search for windowsblue.com; it was registered by MS in 2012, long before win8 RTM

Well, it seems MS had wanted it to be the winblue site? Then hit windowsblue.com......LOL, seems they lost interest in using this URL afterall. :laugh:

i hope the site hijackers will be required to give it up for nothing, Windows is a protected trademark and people who use it in their site name are dumbasses.

Something like a "backpage news" : If you search for windowsblue.com; it was registered by MS in 2012, long before win8 RTM

The domain isn't registered by Microsoft, it's just hosted on an IIS web server. Somebody is trying to make a quick buck off Microsoft, hopefully it won't work and said person will lose the domain due to trademark violation.

2 people like this

The domain isn't registered by Microsoft, it's just hosted on an IIS web server. Somebody is trying to make a quick buck off Microsoft, hopefully it won't work and said person will lose the domain due to trademark violation.

OIC :)

icon1.png

Recently in Neowin news there was report about MS new job listings mentioning "Windows Blue"....

http://www.neowin.ne...oft-job-listing.

LOL, that's old news, because now the MS job listings confirm "Windows (codename) 9" and IE11.

https://careers.microsoft.com/resume...spx?aid=101471

We know ;)http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-9-gets-a-shout-out-from-microsoft-windows-phone-9-pops-up-too

So Microsoft are aiming for an OS release less than a year after Windows 8? Unless it's free I doubt it, unless they were trying to **** off their customers.

I guess it all depends on pricing. I honestly don't mind Apple's year update cycle if as long as their updates stay

It's been talked about for a few months already that blue will add support for 7" screens, I make it a given now. Also on the other side WP blue should up it's support to 5" and up to 6" so that they come closer together. Add in the ability to run phone apps on your Windows tablet and things get pretty interesting.

icon1.png

Purcell School Pioneer(China) already promoting "Get Win8+Win9 For As Low As RMB248"

Purcell School Pioneer
is a Chinese educational organization in working partnership with MS China, they just posted a promote for "Get Win8+Win9 For As Low As RMB248" (about USD40). They provide different yearly plans for different kinds of students, so if you are eligible to enter the lowest-priced plan, you get a win8 Pro....and if win9 is released
within plan validity
, you get a free upgrade.

screen1228.jpg

It sounds like the fresh paint update for windows blue is being done to take advantage of updated or new bits in winrt. All in all it's becoming one of the more bigger apps out there.

Hope it will be available to update for free (from purchased windows 8)

Sooo what will windows blue offer to desktop users?

Sooo what will windows blue offer to desktop users?

REFS read support in enterprise edition please since we are ment to be using this to admin our server 2012 installs.

Hope it will be available to update for free (from purchased windows 8)

It should be free for Windows 8 users but I expect them to run another offer for anyone on XP and Windows 7 again. As far as what desktop users get I dunno, we haven't seen enough yet.

LOL, the old trick still works. :o

screen1238.jpg

Try this in build 9364: windows\system32\; double click "SlideToShutdown.exe" (or enter it in search->apps and launch)........ :)

And, if you are waiting for x64? Maybe, or maybe not, who knows? :cry:

screen1240.jpg

Seems like a bunch of common sense changes and things that should of been in Windows 8 to begin with.

1 person likes this

Seems like a bunch of common sense changes and things that should of been in Windows 8 to begin with.

Better late than never.

Better late than never.

Yea, but just shows that Win8 was half assed and not complete when released. Especially since they started working on Blue so quickly. Probably would of been a better release if they included all of this to begin with. People would still complain about things ,but not as much. And this better be a FREE update.

LOL, the old trick still works. :o

screen1238.jpg

probably not the best idea to admit A) Piracy and B) Activating via a fake KMS service.

probably not the best idea to admit A) Piracy and B) Activating via a fake KMS service.

I wouldn't have the nerve to post it in Neowin, but when win8 RTM there was a report in Neowin News about the same thing(btw, the pic on that report was also from my PC). So I guess it's OK if I cover the "infos" on the screen-shots. :)