My WP Notification Centre solution. You'll have to visualise this thoug

Ok bear with me here, I don't have any images to show but this has literally just exploded into my head and I had to tell you guys and see what you think regardless

Inspiration from:

Windows Phone Notification Center Concept posted by isyraf.eiman

Windows Phone Notification Center Concept | The Verge Forums

and an image posted by corbey94 in the comment section of the above link

https://skydrive.liv...ANS96M4hg-acrdk

OK, so basically take these ideas but apply them to the whole OS. You know how some apps allow you to swipe down and show you the status bar and some don?t? Yeah scrap that entirely. Instead merge the status bar with the notification centre. Make it have the same animation that iOS does when double tapping the home button when as you drag down, the whole screen slides down slowly along with that bar with the arrow (heck there doesn't even need to be a separating bar really, or at least not as thick) and not just covers the screen as the iOS and Android notification shades do, i.e. the app you are currently in literally slides out of view instead of just being covered up. It's as if the OS screen itself is being dragged down out of view to uncover the Notification Centre hidden beneath.

I?m telling you it would fit perfectly. From any screen in the OS is you need to check your battery or other statuses, just take a quick "peek" and then go about your business.

Personally I think it?s brilliant. I?ll try to make some images and post it up here to get my thoughts across but hopefully you get the gist. If anyone truly understands what I'm getting at feel free to do it yourself though, just make sure I get a mention :p

So what do you think guys, will it work?

Am I the only one who thinks WP doesn't need a Notification Center? That's what the Live Tiles are for.

It needs it or some other way to dismiss notifications when I've viewed them. I love my double wide tiles because I can read the e-mail or text message, however, when I've read it, I'm done with it, and I want to make it go back to standard.

Maybe some way of interacting with the tiles to dismiss the badges would be nice. I'd like to pinch to zoom on the tiles to open up an "applet" on the start screen, from which I could go to the full app if I so desired.

I digress. Ultimately I'd like a way to dismiss any and all notifications without opening an app.

It needs it or some other way to dismiss notifications when I've viewed them. I love my double wide tiles because I can read the e-mail or text message, however, when I've read it, I'm done with it, and I want to make it go back to standard.

Maybe some way of interacting with the tiles to dismiss the badges would be nice. I'd like to pinch to zoom on the tiles to open up an "applet" on the start screen, from which I could go to the full app if I so desired.

I digress. Ultimately I'd like a way to dismiss any and all notifications without opening an app.

They should go away... Mine do.

Am I the only one who thinks WP doesn't need a Notification Center? That's what the Live Tiles are for.

No you're not, I totally agree. However there is one coming regardless because so many people a requesting it. I just figured if it's going to be done, it has to be done right

They should go away... Mine do.

They go away after I open the app, but the point of the tile is that I don't have to open the app. I wish I could just swipe to dismiss or something like that :-\

It does need a notification center (or even just a history view).

If I don't have Whatsapp on my front page and I get a message, I miss the notification, how do I check what the notification I heard but didn't see was?

That's where it needs it >.>

So I can't edit my post but here and addition I want to make that may address a few problems

Edit: OK forget about the peek idea I just mentioned. Instead make it so that the flick/swipe gesture from the top still has the same function as it does now on the home screen and certain apps and apply that to the entire OS (override apps to do it regardless of whether the dev built it in or not if possible) in showing the status bar. But then when you drag from the top it does what I mentioned in the post. Much like the how in Windows 8 a swipe from the top opens the app bar and a drag down from the top allows you to either move the app into a pinned position or discard it. Two completely different things.

I agree with Dot. A notification center does not make any sense on WP and anyone who thinks it does is generally holding it wrong. ;) Any app you want to be notified on, needs to be pinned. Hence the new tiles sizes, everything fits quite easily.

I just don't understand what people think they need it for, other than maybe a history pane, which then isn't an notification one...and even if I did, I wouldn't want some fugly looking droid cludge regardless of how shiny the animation might be.