ea microtransactions

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,380 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 06 March 2013 - 18:29

I have to say Real Racing 3 on the iPad is the worse offender I have ever, ever seen of micro-transactions. It is actually offensive. For example, one can pay to get the oil changed on their car faster? if not, you have to wait 5 minutes until you can race again. It is an absolute joke. I will never touch that game again, and it sucks as it is a decent game overall. Sure, one cannot play, but then it is a game of race for 2 minutes, wait 5 minutes, rinse and repeat. It goes against everything mobile gaming is supposed to be, and that is pick up and play and kill a couple of minutes real quick. If that is the future of EA games, I will no doubt pass.

That's horrible and it reminds me of why I despise micro-transactions. Adding extra time to weight with an option to pay to get that time reduced is borderline torture. It's even worse if the game has an initial fee with micro-transactions added on top.

If EA sticks to this plan, then I won't buy any of their games. I'm happy with developers like Valve or Blizzard Entertainment. And speaking of Valve, they know how to monetize a game. They do it by adding cosmetic items which can be bought or found in-game. This is fair because none of the cosmetic items will give players an edge over those that don't have such items.

#47 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,817 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 06 March 2013 - 18:38

Actually, browser-based gaming is the golden-child of MTs (it all STARTED there).

actually they didn't
F2P MMOs where doing micro-transactions long before the browser-based games of myspace and facebook started doing it

#48 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 1,071 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 22:08

http://www.neowin.ne...#entry595560132

I've said it there, this is what I expect from EA.

EA is funny, first they say that we should speak with our money, don't buy a game if you don't like micro-transactions.

And THIS is what happens when we do not buy their gimped games... they just cancel the next one instead of making it correctly, and blame it on something else.

EA, just **** you, I'm done, I haven't given you money since you ****ed me with BF3. Now you can for sure never see money from me until you change your ways. #1 worst company for a reason.

#49 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

• 2,757 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 22:16

EA Games with their microtransactions....sure doesn't help win at a game if you don't have a credit card. How biased! Angers me every time I fire up NFS: MW! Stupid Tactical Decision is Stupid and Non-Tactical! :(

#50 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,812 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:04

Posted Image

#51 Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't Feed the Wolfie

Don't sugarcoat it because you'll probably eat that too

• 5,245 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:46

its simple really, vote with you're wallet. From now on, I will buy nothing from EA , nothing! I can easily do without any of their games....