exam

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,364 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:47

dont understand why people get so stressed over an exam just answer a few questions and finished. I have only ever revised a couple times in my whole school life. I find exams really easy, the more you stress the harder it gets.

#17 Pc_Madness

Pc_Madness

Neowinian Senior

• 3,792 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:52

However in the exam room everything apart from a pen, pencil, ruler, eraser (and calculator in some papers) is restricted.

Thats pretty harsh, in Australia you're allowed to place your phone on the floor next to you with your wallet.

#18 Sir Topham Hatt

Sir Topham Hatt

A Very Talented Individual

• 6,625 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:25

We were allowed to take our bags in, but they had to be stored at the front of the room.
Phones and wallets were supposed to be in the bags. One guy's phone went off, but they just took it off him. It was only 10 mins into the exam though.

My French exam, the examiner left the room so we all chatted and shared answers - it was awesome!

#19 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• 5,133 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:43

It depends, if you weren't caught using the phone and it was off then chances are you'll just be disqualified from that exam, then if it was on or being used the problem persists, the exam board can revoke all qualifications from you and ban you from sitting their exams for a period of time or forever, other exam boards might not allow you to take exams with them either.

Why did you even have your phone with you anyway and how did they find it?

#20 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

• 5,982 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:54

i did this in one of my microsoft exams last month.

i just kept quiet and made sure it was on silent by fumbling with it in my pocket for 30 seconds, harsh they discovered it.... were they frisking you or something?!

haha

#21 Raa

Raa

Resident something-or-rather

• 11,801 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:11

I took my phone into my exams (forgotten), so I clearly held it up, switched it off and placed it on a table out of my reach. This was acceptable.

#22 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,580 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:52

Thats pretty harsh, in Australia you're allowed to place your phone on the floor next to you with your wallet.

It's not the harshest I've taken, during the theory test for my driving License I was instructed to leave everything except for my clothing (but including my coat) in a locker until after the exam was finished.

#23 OP Gnieus

Gnieus

The Genius

• 73 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4, 3Gs, HTC 7 Mozart, BlackBerry Curve 9380

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:58

They found it as the bottom of the device was on show, I have an iPhone 4, and my pocket wasn't long enough to cover it fully.

Rookie mistake, I know.

#24 matt4444

matt4444

Neowinian

• 326 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 20:12

They found it as the bottom of the device was on show, I have an iPhone 4, and my pocket wasn't long enough to cover it fully.

Rookie mistake, I know.

The rookie mistake was buying an iPhone? ;)

#25 Guth

Guth

Alba Gu Bráth

• 799 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 01 March 2013 - 20:29

While you'll be able to resit the exam, how did they discover it in your pocket halfway through the exam. Was there an impromptu pocket search section of the exam paper?

He was on google, its obvious! just kidding OP
Silly boy ;) I never even took my phone to exams with me, its just not worth the hassle and I sure as hell wasnt putting it in some box with everyone elses phones because when you were finished you could just leave and you went to the box and took your phone. I was always afraid someone would steal my phone from the box haha

edit:
Thought I'd add that last year my ex g/f was caught in class on her phone during a NAB (not an exam just like a unit test) they disqualified her from that NAB and therefore she couldn't take her sociology final exam! If she wanted to sit it, she would have to take it as an extra class at college and do the whole course again so that the NABs and exam had changed! Very harsh.
I split up with her after that though so not sure if they ever did let her sit that NAB as her Mother said she was going to appeal the decision.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!