• 1,759 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:06

It just shows that the law abiding citizen can't be trusted with guns either

#17 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:07

Our society is not mentally stable enough to have guns. You don't give a 3 year old a saw or knife... Same goes here. Until our society can show they actually value human life and aren't out to prove some point, we shouldn't be armed as such. Too many people just don't have the mentality needed to be able to use such a weapon properly.

#18 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 5,139 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:12

Don't discharge your weapon in a public space full of people. He could have accidentally shot other people.

#19 COKid

COKid

Neowinian Senior

• 2,704 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:18

It just shows that the law abiding citizen can't be trusted with guns either

Generalize often?

I am not a gun owner, but there are millions of law abiding citizens worldwide who do own guns. Upwards of 80 million just in the USA, actually.

#20 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,320 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:40

Generalize often?

I am not a gun owner, but there are millions of law abiding citizens worldwide who do own guns. Upwards of 80 million just in the USA, actually.

Such generalization you often hear in the USA media toward other countries in the world.

So what's wrong about that? US generalize other countries, and other countries generalize US.

#21 billyea

billyea

Your Two Cents

• 2,042 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:45

Such generalization you often hear in the USA media toward other countries in the world.

So what's wrong about that? US generalize other countries, and other countries generalize US.

And everyone is wrong together and nothing improves.

#22 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,637 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:46

This is why I don't trust gun owners. Interfering busybodies that think owning a gun gives them the right to poke their noses into matters that don't concern them. Let's just be thankful that this moron didn't kill anyone.

#23 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,284 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:53

Case of some idiot thinking he has the right or authority to be a vigilante when he clearly does not. He should have been arrested and should be prosecuted no doubt.

Exactly.

If I am shopping in my local ASDA and someone is thieving, I don't care they're not thieving off me, the stores goods, the stores security should deal withy them.

It's the same in any situation, if you see someone thieving tell security then move one, don't be a hero.

#24 arachnoid

arachnoid

Call the Opticians

• 2,990 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:55

Yea batman would never use a gun........he might destroy several buildings a few police cars and knock over several by standers in his escape though.
That guy needs his permit rescinding.

#25 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,320 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 01 March 2013 - 17:57

And everyone is wrong together and nothing improves.

That's part of my point.

When US generalizes people from other countries it's OK. But when people from other countries generalize US it's not OK.

Things go both ways in reality.

#26 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 1,759 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:08

Generalize often?

Of course it's a generalization, but here on Neowin we always get to hear that it's the criminals we have to watch out for, not our Law abiding citizens.
All the latest reports just show that lots of people can't handle their guns properly. That doesn't mean you need a ban on weapons but maybe it's time to make it mandatory people follow some kind of class before they are allowed to apply for a gun.

#27 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,673 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:24

That guy should get his gun taken away and bared from owing another one. 5 shots for a shop lifter? Really? Take down his damn license plate number and give that to police.

The fact that he wanted to mark the car with a bullet proves this guy is a ****ing moron and shouldnt be owning a firearm.

This is why I don't trust gun owners. Interfering busybodies that think owning a gun gives them the right to poke their noses into matters that don't concern them. Let's just be thankful that this moron didn't kill anyone.

Not all gun owners are like that. Apparently, according to the OP, others had weapons on them and didnt fire or draw their weapon. This moron just had an itchy trigger finger and wanted to shoot something.

#28 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,769 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 18:35

He's lucky a cop didn't pull up when he was shooting -- he would have probably been shot to death.

#29 BillyJack

BillyJack

Neowinian

• 749 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:05

When I read about similar situations that had turned out better I always say the person with the gun should get in trouble for this very reason. You can't have vigilantes everywhere with guns because soon or later they are going to kill someone. Cops are trained and and know when to fire their gun where as this guy has no clue.

#30 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,769 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:08

^ Yeah -- we all know that Cops never mistakenly kill someone.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!