florida five bullets shoplifting weapons permit felony

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 SupportGeek

SupportGeek

Neowinian

• 483 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:13

It is the job of the police to catch the criminal, not vigilantes. It's one thing to tackle a fleeing criminal and restrain them - something allowed under the law - but it's another entirely to start shooting at them. He should be charged with attempted murder.

Depends on the circumstance, the average citizen absolutely has the power and authority to make an arrest in the US and hold them until Law enforcement arrives. This person wasn't trying to detain anyone though, he was trying to kill them in a non life threatening situation, very wrong, I'm guessing he was out to lunch when his permit course discussed the consequences of drawing your firearm in public.
He is a moron, and absolutely should be charged.
There is already a unique feature on vehicles that cops can use to identify it, its called a LICENSE PLATE, If he had used his eyeballs and memory to give that info to the cops, there would have only been one criminal in this story. Its Florida though, I think they have more crazies per-capita than anywhere else in the US, so Im not surprised anymore.

This is why I don't trust gun owners. Interfering busybodies that think owning a gun gives them the right to poke their noses into matters that don't concern them. Let's just be thankful that this moron didn't kill anyone.

You must not know too many gun owners, or the culture is different in the UK?
I know plenty, some even concealed carry permitted, and all of them practice a stance of "Mind Your Own Business" Unless it directly involves them, or someones life or well being is at risk they observe and report only.

Cops are trained and and know when to fire their gun

^^
LOL!

#32 BillyJack

BillyJack

Neowinian

• 755 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 19:23

^ Yeah -- we all know that Cops never mistakenly kill someone.

lol, I knew someone would have something to say about that and I was going to make a statement about that too but I skipped. I guess I should have added what else I was going to say.

I was going to say not all cops are perfect. They do stupid stuff too, but at least they are trained.

#33 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:23

I think this cowboy should have left his gun at home and left the police work to the real cops.

#34 arachnoid

arachnoid

Copyright Withheld

• 3,528 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:59

The Police on the other hand unlike the man in question, do have the correct type of training on when and when not to fire in urban situations.