Whose Line Is It Anyway? is Coming Back

"Whose Line Is It Anyway?'s" Colin Mochrie just made a lot of fans of the show very happy, announcing on Twitter that the improv show is coming back. You can check out his Tweet below.

The show started as a British radio program before moving to television in 1988 as a series on UK's Channel 4. Following the British run in 1998, ABC began airing an American version, hosted by Drew Carey, which lasted another eight seasons.

Talking to The Wenatchee World, Ryan Stiles revealed that he will also return to Los Angeles in April for a new season. Comedian Aisha Tyler will host this time around.

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet
  • Like 3

I still watch episodes on YouTube... Quality entertainment. I hope they find people with as much chemistry as a Colin, Ryan and Wayne.

I still watch episodes on YouTube... Quality entertainment. I hope they find people with as much chemistry as a Colin, Ryan and Wayne.

Like Colin and Ryan who it was stated above are returning?

Like Colin and Ryan who it was stated above are returning?

Didn't read that last line. Good news :)

Needs to have Wayne Brady back too, Colin, Ryan, Wayne and rotating guest is how it should be. It'll be nice to see Aisha Tyler more too

They had all the guys back except drew for a show that acted out celebs life and things but was pretty much whos line . Nobody watched it though .Which is surprising how everybody always wanted the show back.

Would like to see the UK version back too. It would fit well with how 'stand up comedian' obsessed British TV is.

Well, they did spiritually bring it back here in 2011 under the name "Fast and Loose" (which did have Wayne Brady in a couple of episodes as well), but it only lasted eight episodes. :/ All most people seem to remember from that show is David Armand's

The main story however is fantastic news! :woot:

I don't know, at first I was disappointed to see that Drew Carey won't be back in the hosting chair, but the most recent stuff I've seen him in, he hasn't been that funny. I think his fat was the source of his humor; when he slimmed down, his humor slimmed down too :cry:

But it will be nice to see this show back. It was great humor and I hope Tyler can be as funny or better than Carey (although, that's really big shoes to fill).

The CW is reviving the improvisational comedy series Whose Line Is It Anyway?

The Talk?s Aisha Tyler will host the new take, which is slated to debut this summer.

Ryan Stiles, Wayne Brady and Colin Mochrie ? all of whom appeared on the ABC series, which ran for eight years ? will return for the spontaneous improv games along with a special guest every episode. (Is it too much to hope that Nashville?s Charles Esten will once in a while return to fill the fourth seat?) They?ll be supplied with random prompts by Tyler and the audience.

Even if Drew might not be involved, it's not like it needed Drew for the many successful years it was in the UK originally :)

Really awesome news - I spent months watching through every season from the start in the UK to the end in the US or year or so ago. I must do that again...

I am not sure why people are complaining that Drew Carey will not be on this one. Every time he joined the rest of the crew for a skit, he was completely dull and not remotely funny. Never thought he was funny. His show was decent. Very excited this show is coming back, though. I love those three. :)