Windows 8 adoption rate almost at a standstill, far behind Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#271 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian

• 1,331 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 22:49

Regardless of price, at this point, most sales will come from consumers buying new PCs, rather than separate at retail.

You mean part of that "60 million", right? /s

#272 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,722 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 04 March 2013 - 23:35

You mean part of that "60 million", right? /s

I think winning over resistant enthusiasts is more important right now. There's a reason MS is pressing forward fast. Surface sales are negligible, that's a reality. That 60 mil is still well below MS projections and that includes Tablet sales which of course, are nowhere near where MS would like them.

All the Windows 9/Blue chatter coming from MS so early in 8's lifecycle makes me happy. They may not fix everything, but they're fixing something.

#273 JHBrown

JHBrown

Neowinian Senior

• 2,990 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s/Galaxy Note 3

Posted 04 March 2013 - 23:37

40 dollar deal is the only reason I upgraded, otherwise I would have stayed on win7.

This^

#274 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian

• 1,331 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 23:57

I have 2 monitors, and I've never had issues hitting them. The mouse should catch, if you hit it right.

Is he "holding it wrong"? /s

#275 xWhiplash

xWhiplash

Neowinian Senior

• 1,578 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:51

Nearly impossible? How is it I have no issues controlling my mouse to hit these corners? If it's "impossible" as you say, then I take it, it's "impossible" for you to hit anything else in the UI with the mouse? Because if you can hit a button or a control, than you can hit the corners. I call BS.

Um, not it is not. You have a visual cue for buttons and UI elements. You know where to click. I also have issues activating the hot corners every once and a while, even on one monitor.

#276 Dutchie64

Dutchie64

Neowinian

• 964 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:31

I stopped reading after "In the month of February, according to Net Applications,"...........

It's the same as "analists came to the conclusion" or alike.

We get it, everybody hates W8..........

One of the main reasons imho:
- no new W8 pc/laptops/tablets for sale atm. It's hard to find one of the announced hardware in the shops.
- the economy stupid!
- W7 is good enough for a lot of people for now. See previous reason.

#277 Ian William

Ian William

I work great with Windows Vista!

• 1,075 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 00:49

I have 2 monitors, and I've never had issues hitting them. The mouse should catch, if you hit it right.

Nathan Lineback also wrote:

Back in the Windows 3.x and classic MacOS days there were many utilities that made use of "throwing" the mouse cursor to a corner of the screen. Because such an action lacks visibility, this was never popular and usually only used for invoking screen savers or advanced menus.

The whole concept of using corners falls flat on its face when viewing a desktop through something like a virtual machine window with seamless mouse integration, or through remote desktop software. The corners just don't exist, you have to aim the mouse over a few small pixels inside your window.

#278 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:03

One of the main reasons imho:
- no new W8 pc/laptops/tablets for sale atm. It's hard to find one of the announced hardware in the shops.
- the economy stupid!
- W7 is good enough for a lot of people for now. See previous reason.

I think the economy is usually overlooked but things are still somewhat bleak and money is still tight. People are hanging on to what they have, either xp or 7.

#279 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 25,696 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:07

So has the adoption rate gotten better yet?

#280 J_R_G

J_R_G

Neowinian

• 562 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:30

Up about .80% over the last month, the highest it's ever been. The haters must be real proud of themselves, they've created a monster storm of Win 8 hate based on nonsense, and then sit back and say 'see nobody likes it' when the sales aren't that good. The fact that you can install a free start menu program in like 2 minutes, yet they holler about the issue, shows that this is a bunch of silliness. Yea yea you shouldn't be forced to use metro, well people shouldn't be forced to use the start menu who don't want it too. blah.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!