iPhone 3G in 2013

I have an iPhone 5, and my old iPhone 4 is going to go to my fiance sooner or later. I have it set up as my radio in my office.

I just don't know what to do with my old iPhone 3G. It's too slow for most uses. What do you guys use it for?

Just give it away to some homeless person. Might be of some use to them. Never mind, it's an Apple, they might just eat it.

I'd just throw it away in a junk drawer or somewhere. Not like it's worth anything. 10 bucks if that.

I have an iPhone 5, and my old iPhone 4 is going to go to my fiance sooner or later. I have it set up as my radio in my office.

I just don't know what to do with my old iPhone 3G. It's too slow for most uses. What do you guys use it for?

Not that I have used them... but.. I did see a commercial for them some time ago. Possibly worth a look.

http://www.gazelle.com/?gclid=CN-n5oL537UCFQ_znAodKGcA6A

Sell it on eBay, you'll be surprised how much dumb asses will pay when they see the word "iPhone".

• Like 3

haha 15 bucks.

Funny, something that has more power than the first thing that landed on the moon.

Those types of websites will take you for a ride. Don't ever use them, they will give you wayyyy less then what you can get from someone real.

have one in my car on a cheap data plan, using it for a GPS monitor. Its Great, if i lend my car to a family or friend i know where they are all the time. Just had to wire it up.

If I had no use for it and it was a bit too old to bother with I would either just store it or get it recycled.

You could repurpose it but there's not a lot you can do that you're already doing a lot quicker with your iPhone 5. :p

I use mine as a Remote for XBMC, especially when I have messy hands while having a (Indian) meal.

Use it as a radio like your currently do with the 4g? jailbreak it and mess about with it? as someone else said a remote for XBMC.

^ whats the point of whited00r? slows down your already feeble 3G down a crawl

^ Tried it a year back. Very slow compared to stock iOS3

I have one, they are selling for about ?50 on eBay but I was thinking of giving it to my son to play angry birds and plants vs zombies on but I need old version IPA that worked on iOS 4.2.1 which proving hard to find... Plenty of sites listing them, but links are dead etc. I don't want to jailbreak it as it slowed it down so any tips/links would be a help....

I find horrifying to see the consumerist mentality on this thread.

This device is still perfectly capable of doing what it was intended for it: A comunication device.

Install whitedoor on it and use it as a backup phone or give it away.

IT'S STILL USEFUL.

• Like 2

I agree, I don't want to throw it away, just can't install many apps from the App Store because of the OS version or hardware limitations.. For example, angry birds rio will install because of iOS version but doesn't run because of hardware features lacking.

I agree, I don't want to throw it away, just can't install many apps from the App Store because of the OS version or hardware limitations.. For example, angry birds rio will install because of iOS version but doesn't run because of hardware features lacking.

Fortunately whitedoor includes it's own App Store with compatible apps for your device.

• 2 weeks later...

Fortunately whitedoor includes it's own App Store with compatible apps for your device.

They appear to be cracked versions specifically for jail broken devices. I'm after untouched IPA files.

Alot of people recommended useful ideas like using it as a remote, or replace your iPhone 4 as a radio. I have a 3GS and still deciding if I want to keep it or sell it.