Flashed BIOS now on-board NIC not working?!

So I successfully flashed my BIOS last night and now suddenly I have no network! I have unplugged and replugged the cable and verified that the LAN controller is enabled via BIOS. The router does not show my desktop connected. What can I possibly do next, it is clear that the NIC is simply not there anymore.

It is possible that you have flashed the wrong Bios for your motherboard revision ?

Sometimes, rev1.0 & rev1.1 (as example) use different hardware components and it can happen that the Bios file is different for each of them.

^There is no lights flashing on the back of the board (NIC connection) windows states that there are not any connections, and device manager sows no network adapter.

@riggers: see my previous post. I have not tried installing any drivers due to the fact that between the router and the desktop show no network activity.

Is there a network card showing in Network and Sharing Centre -> Change Adapter Settings.

Also what happens if you run Ipconfig /all

Nothing showing in network sharing center, and ipconfig shows media disconnected.

You could try installing the LAN driver from this page.

Are we talking windows 7?

http://www.dfi.com.tw/DFI-Lanparty/support/MBDriverDownload.jsp?selectedDriveritemId=661

Go in to the BIOS and go in to the subsection for internal devices, check that the Network card options are listed in there and isn't disabled

It is entirely possible that the update disabled the network card in the bios, re-enabling it should restore the visibility of the card to the OS and it will start functioning again.

You could try installing the LAN driver from this page.

Are we talking windows 7?

http://www.dfi.com.tw/DFI-Lanparty/support/MBDriverDownload.jsp?selectedDriveritemId=661

I will try

Go in to the BIOS and go in to the subsection for internal devices, check that the Network card options are listed in there and isn't disabled

It is entirely possible that the update disabled the network card in the bios, re-enabling it should restore the visibility of the card to the OS and it will start functioning again.

As I stated before: the network card is enabled in BIOS. Now when I try to access the BIOS, I get a blank screen. I have tried to boot back to the usb drive and reflash bios, but I can not get the system to boot to the usb drive again.

If you can't access the BIOS screen have you tried clearing the CMOS? I'm not familiar with that board so couldn't advise if the reset is jumper or switch, but removing the CMOS battery for a few seconds should have a ssame effect. A few words of warning, this will reset all BIOS settings to the manufacturer defaults and remove any overclocks that may be in place.

Sorry about that I did read your posts twice but I must not have seen it.

If you can't get in to the BIOS or boot from a USB stick can you boot from something like a Linux live CD and try flashing from that? Alternatively a dos boot disk? :(

You could also pull your BIOS battery and short the CMOS reset jumpers with the power disconnected from your computer (or remove battery if laptop etc) and then plug the battery back in and power up. This should cause an error during POST about settings and you can try and get back in to the BIOS again.

Well it turns out that there was a bit more of an issue than I first thought: The PSU died, I turned it on and it started smelling of burned wires, so I of course pulled the cord, and checked the PSU today with the aide of my wife, discovered that it was indeed blackened, so I am going to have to order another one.