Christian Bale returns for Justice League?

JL is pants compared to Marvel but I'm not sure who came first. Ifyou look at the characters most look the same, so not sure who's copying who

Superhero teams -

Justice Society (DC Golden Age): 1940 (Superman, Batman, Doctor Fate, Hour-Man, Spectre, Sandman, Atom, Flash (Jay Garrick), Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and Hawkman)

Justice League (DC Silver Age): 1960 (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter)

Fantastic Four (Marvel): 1961

X-MEN (Marvel): 1963

Avengers (Marvel): 1963

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure if Christian Bale's Batman lends itself well with a Justice League movie. The Dark Knight trilogy was too dark for such a group of superheroes, IMO. They also shouldn't cast Bale for a reboot because that would mess things up if you ask me. I guess a reboot could work much like they do with comic books, i.e.: much like they do with comic books Batman, Batman: The Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Batman Incorporated and the new Batman/Superman. I to believe someone else should be the Batman for Justice League though, even though Bale has been the best Batman so far.

Why Man-Bats as villains though? Man-Bats are part of Batman's villains and not really part of the Justice League's villains. I don't think Darkseid would be such a bad idea to be honest. Darkseid is the reason why the superheroes got together and formed the Justice League after the battle. Maybe it could be interesting to do something with the "Throne of Atlantise" storyline which was recently part of a crossover event of the Justice League members. Though I guess non-comic book readers would still see that as a copy of Thanos invading earth as he somewhat did in Avengers 1.

Oh well, we'll see how it unfolds.

Also, didn't really see there was a 2nd page of this thread so I thought post #14 was the latest news, haha.

I agree with Kami- though, JGL should rather be Robin/Nightwing instead of Batman. He could be Batman in a possible live action film of Batman Beyond though.

I'm not sure if Christian Bale's Batman lends itself well with a Justice League movie. The Dark Knight trilogy was too dark for such a group of superheroes, IMO. They also shouldn't cast Bale for a reboot because that would mess things up if you ask me. I guess a reboot could work much like they do with comic books, i.e.: much like they do with comic books Batman, Batman: The Dark Knight, Detective Comics, Batman Incorporated and the new Batman/Superman. I to believe someone else should be the Batman for Justice League though, even though Bale has been the best Batman so far.

Why Man-Bats as villains though? I don't think Darkseid would be such a bad idea to be honest. Darkseid is the reason why the superheroes got together and formed the Justice League after the battle.

Oh well, we'll see how it unfolds.

Agreed on the reboot, though toping Nolans will be extremely difficult, it's an extremely risky situation for the studios as it has the potential of being a major flop ala batman and robin (George clooney and arnie).  

They need to bring a young batman, but alas it will be hard as hell.

As young as in the "Year One" books could be nice but that would be just like Batman Begins I bet. They shouldn't bring in a Batman as young as Nightwing or something, that would be wrong, imo :p I don't see a Batman and Robin work though because I think it just looks weird on the big screen. It worked in the comic-books over the years because it's a different medium.

But yeah, they can't really top Nolan's trilogy at this point. If they want to make a Justice League film than they should make a Batman film that isn't as dark as Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy but a bit more like Scott Snyder's current Batman comic-books which would be a Batman story driven by the mystery of the villains instead of the darkness of them. Like the arc called "Court of the Owls". They could do something like that and change the whole Dick Grayson thing. As if Batman would find out about Dick Grayson though that story and then check him out, finding out that Dick Grayson is fighting for justice, being a detective in his own way, before becoming Nightwing or perhaps even a version of Robin without his flashy suit.

I mean, that could be a cliffhanger for the first film. That Batman finds out about Dick Grayson like that. And then the 2nd film could be made to spin-off a Nightwing movie. Oh, I believe I've started daydreaming about this one, haha :p

Oh, please no. I can't see him as a Batman at all tbh.

Well, this just popped up on my Twitter feed:

Armie Hammer's Batman Was Steampunk?

As you might know, Armie Hammer almost played Batman in some weird abandoned Justice League project. Here, he discusses a little bit about the project, and it sounded...weird. It's a short clip. Check it out. What do you think? Is it a good idea they pulled the plug?

Never knew they'd be going the less traditional way with that. I could see him playing that kind of a Batman instead of a more traditional Batman. It almost gives me the feeling of a Batman set in the time of "Gates of Gotham". That would be pretty badass. I'd love to see what else they came up with for that Justice League project!

There already is this version of a steampunk Batman from the upcoming Infinite Crysis game:

gaslight-batman---character-art.jpg

Which looks a bit like Batman in "Gotham by Gaslight"

gotham_by_gaslight.jpg

A justice league film .....

Interesting ....

Well, this just popped up on my Twitter feed:

Never knew they'd be going the less traditional way with that. I could see him playing that kind of a Batman instead of a more traditional Batman. It almost gives me the feeling of a Batman set in the time of "Gates of Gotham". That would be pretty badass. I'd love to see what else they came up with for that Justice League project!

There already is this version of a steampunk Batman from the upcoming Infinite Crysis game:

gaslight-batman---character-art.jpg

Which looks a bit like Batman in "Gotham by Gaslight"

gotham_by_gaslight.jpg

A steampunk batman? OOOOOO
that might have actually been good (AHEM DISHONORED!!!!)

Didn't he already say he won't be playing Batman ever again? What are these Hollywood actors, 10 year olds who can't make up their mind?

^I remember something like that as well. But it would be wrong to cast Christian Bale for the role of Batman again. It's like having Tobey MaGuire being cast for the role of Spider-Man in the reboot. It would work as well as casting a new actor for the role.

A justice league film .....

Interesting ....

A steampunk batman? OOOOOO

that might have actually been good (AHEM DISHONORED!!!!)

I don't see any similarities between a steampunk Batman and Dishonored apart from getting onto buildings and jumping off of them :p

Well tbh I don't really care who plays Batman but if he has said countless times that he won't then don't damn it.

There!

Didn't he already say he won't be playing Batman ever again? What are these Hollywood actors, 10 year olds who can't make up their mind?

Really?  You're gonna go that way over this?  Be real, everyone knows that nothing that gets said in Hollywood means jack.  Wave enough cash, and there will be a Bale as Batman again.  The reason these things get said is to see where that figure lies.

Really?  You're gonna go that way over this?  Be real, everyone knows that nothing that gets said in Hollywood means jack.  Wave enough cash, and there will be a Bale as Batman again.  The reason these things get said is to see where that figure lies.

I have no idea how things work over there. I don't really keep myself into detail with those things, I just remember what I hear and it was somewhere on machinima that he said he won't.

I have no idea how things work over there. I don't really keep myself into detail with those things, I just remember what I hear and it was somewhere on machinima that he said he won't.

Fair play.  Put it this way - the fact he even addressed the issue means it has been approached.  If it's been approached, then it's a question of money ;)

^

Well true, to think of that way it works like that everywhere, should have thought of that earlier :)

He said he'd come back if Nolan came back.

He said he'd come back if Nolan came back.

I think Nolan will Executive Produce JL with Snyder. They will probably get some other guy to direct. 

If they'd use the exact same cast and people behind the scenes, it would be 100% about money and not about anything else if you ask me. I'd much rather see a complete new team taking on Batman set in a different world than the Dark Knight Trilogy. They've ended those 3 movies and thus that world as well. I'd love to see a Batman movie that's more about the mystery than the darkness of Batman and his villains. Kinda like what Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo are doing with the current main Batman comic.

They need to make a darker Batman with more characters from the comics, and more exploration and interaction with the city of Gotham. They need to get rid of Batman's one rule and really make him frightening to criminals. He should kill as a last resort... Green Arrow on the CW put like what 27 bodies in the ground in the first season? That made him feared.

Chris Nolan should executive produce it, for sure.

Do not want.

Definitely do not want.

Definitely do want. I hated all the 3 movies. Mostly due to Batmans voice sounding like someone who smokes 20 packs a day. Whats worse is in the 3rd movie I couldn't understand Batman or Bane. 6+ hours of my life I will never be able to get back.

They need to make a darker Batman with more characters from the comics, and more exploration and interaction with the city of Gotham. They need to get rid of Batman's one rule and really make him frightening to criminals. He should kill as a last resort... Green Arrow on the CW put like what 27 bodies in the ground in the first season? That made him feared.

Chris Nolan should executive produce it, for sure.

Do you read the comic-books? Because there's a very good reason why he doesn't kill. Nolan did a dark Batman and it doesn't really need to get any darker than that to be honest. Batman is a comic-book character after all. I'd much rather see a Batman that's more about the mystery than the darkness and like you said, more about Gotham.

Green Arrow is known for killing his opponents even in the comic books though, Batman isn't. Batman has a different way of fighting Justice. He believes that it's too easy to kill and that if he kills, he won't be any different than the scum of Gotham. So getting rid of that rule would be a terrible mistake. It's kind of part of his mystery.

Also, killing people doesn't really make him fighting to his enemies it would rather make him weak. The suit and his Batman persona as a hole is supposed to be the frightening part of him.