Christian Bale returns for Justice League?

pjdwluxq.jpg

Christopher Nolan is rumoured to have started talks to work on the upcoming Justice League movie project.

Warner Bros has begun negotiations with the Dark Knight Rises director to have complete control of the DC cinematic universe, according to Latino Review, who are known for their Marvel movie scoops.

The supposed deal, if concluded, would mean that Nolan would oversee every upcoming DC superhero project.

Nolan would allegedly produce the Justice League movie with Man of Steel's Zack Snyder, who may direct the film.

His arrival would also reportedly allow Warner Bros to secure Christian Bale to return as Batman for a fourth time, alongside Henry Cavill's Superman.

Nolan previously said that The Dark Knight Rises would mark the end of his Batman story.

Last month, it was alleged that Warner Bros demanded a page-one rewrite of Justice League by Gangster Squad writer Will Beall.

A Batman movie reboot is also said to be in the works, and is rumoured for a 2017 release.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a462957/justice-league-christopher-nolan-in-talks-christian-bale-to-join.html

I hope he returns. Not only because Batman is my favorite superhero, but Bale is my very favorite actor. I cant wait to see a Justice League movie, and also hope it will kick Avenger's a** :D (DC>Marvel :p )

A Batman movie reboot is also said to be in the works, and is rumoured for a 2017 release.

Err... why?! Why kill off what has probably been the best Batman series of films ever!

I liked the movies of spiderman, not the reboot..... I think they are thinking into milk reboots again and again...

Err... why?! Why kill off what has probably been the best Batman series of films ever!

Because they sign actors for so many movies and once the contract is up it's too costly to sign them all back on again, so they start over... I'm not a fan of it either... Particularly when the reboot sucks like Spider-Man...

If he's up for it, then it would go a long way in giving the Justice League movie a unified feel. This is one of the reasons why The Avengers did so well. Most of the characters appeared in other movies and were part of a larger movie universe. Bale's Batman movies were obviously successful and if Man of Steel does well, then it's the smart thing to do.

I hope they try to get Ryan Reynolds for Green Lantern too. Although some people found the movie to be a little bad, I thought it was great. But for those that didn't like it, they could repair the damage with a sequel or the Justice League movie.

I hope they try to get Ryan Reynolds for Green Lantern too. Although some people found the movie to be a little bad, I thought it was great. But for those that didn't like it, they could repair the damage with a sequel or the Justice League movie.

I hope they do another GL movie before JL and a Flash movie of course to set him up

Ain't It Cool weighs in -

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61264

Nolan. Snyder. Goyer. Bale. Cavill. And players to be named later.

Latino Review has done their due dilligence on their latest scoop:

Warner Bros. is handing the DC Universe reins over to Christopher Nolan, Zack Snyder and David Goyer. The tentative plan is for Snyder to direct JUSTICE LEAGUE from a story devised by Nolan and Goyer. Snyder's deal isn't in place, but considering how ecstatic everyone at WB is about MAN OF STEEL (I've been told it's the movie of Summer 2013), the studio will make that deal.

Here's El Mayimbe's well-deserved victory lap laying out the key developments:

One thing from Mayimbe's video that can't be stressed enough: franchises are at a premium in Hollywood, and Disney has the top two at the moment (STAR WARS and the Marvel Universe). DC is an asset that has been bafflingly mismaged by the usually shrewd WB, and after the latest failed development of JUSTICE LEAGUE (with GANGSTER SQUAD screenwriter Will Beall), the studio has turned to Nolan. And when you get Nolan, you get Christian Bale as Batman. That's worth $1 billion at the worldwide box office. Minimum.

Henry Cavill's Clark Kent/Superman will obviously be a part of this JUSTICE LEAGUE. Beyond that, who knows? The smart money is on the characters WB has devleloped in the past: Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern. As for a villain? Man-Bat, obviously. Seriously, Darkseid was the focus of the previous script, but given Thanos's presumed involvement in THE AVENGERS 2, wouldn't that feel a bit copycat? That's definitely not Nolan's style.

In the past, when big stories like this have leaked prematurely, the studios have issued firmed denials. Lately, they've changed their approach. Now, silence seems to be the preferred response. However WB attacks this, I feel confident in backinig up El Mayimbe's story. This is what's going on with the DC Universe right now. One plus for the studio: I doubt fans are going to get up in arms over this. Conceptually, this is a home run. I just hope this doesn't frack up Nolan's INTERSTELLAR. He's the only filmmaker around who can give us a big-budget science-fiction film based on the work of Kip Thorne.

If he's up for it, then it would go a long way in giving the Justice League movie a unified feel. This is one of the reasons why The Avengers did so well. Most of the characters appeared in other movies and were part of a larger movie universe. Bale's Batman movies were obviously successful and if Man of Steel does well, then it's the smart thing to do.

Please god for all that is good tell me you are joking. Ryan Reynolds was terrible as GL. That was one of the worst movies I sat through in a long time.

GL was such a pathetically bad movie that i would prefer to watch the whole Twilight saga in one sitting than watch the first 10 minutes of GL again ...

IMO they should use Sector 2814's other Green Lantern - John Stewart.

Might I recommend Criminal Mind's co-star Shemar Moore? He has the looks, intensity & proper 'u gonna die' stare.

shemar.jpgJohn_Stewart_JLU.png

GL was such a pathetically bad movie that i would prefer to watch the whole Twilight saga in one sitting than watch the first 10 minutes of GL again ...

I agree, and I'm a huge GL fan. I haven't watched it since seeing it in the theaters, until other super hero movies. If they bring back Ryan Reynolds as GL I will refuse to go see it.

Please god for all that is good tell me you are joking. Ryan Reynolds was terrible as GL. That was one of the worst movies I sat through in a long time.

I'm not joking. I thought his portrayal of Hal Jordan was decent. It's the cheesy comedy that made him look bad. With a better writer and director for the sequel, I think he can do something amazing. He has the seriousness of Hal Jordan down already.

Come on, it wasn't that bad. It had some great moments with amazing visual effects. The way they portrayed Oa, the alien green lanterns, and the energy constructs was superb. Unfortunately, the story seemed a bit silly but despite that... I think it'd be better to make a sequel rather than reboot it. Who can replace Mark Strong's Sinestro? Also, it's unfortunate that Michael Clarke Duncan died. He had the perfect voice for Kilowog.

IMO they should use Sector 2814's other Green Lantern - John Stewart.

Might I recommend Criminal Mind's co-star Shemar Moore? He has the looks, intensity & proper 'u gonna die' stare.

shemar.jpgJohn_Stewart_JLU.png

You know, I was thinking about who could play John Stewart and I couldn't think of a person that fits the role. I didn't consider Shemar Moore though. I think he can pull it off nicely. (Y)

As much as I'd love to see Bale reprise his role as Batman, isn't there a *slight* flaw in doing that? I mean I know he survived the events of The Dark Knight Rises but he left Gotham for good and handed the reigns over to John Blake. Bringing Bale back as Batman for Justice League would undo all of that...I dunno, maybe I got it all wrong just thinking aloud.

• Like 1

I liked the movies of spiderman, not the reboot..... I think they are thinking into milk reboots again and again...

I believe that the way licensing works is that you have to make a movie, or lose the rights. That's why they did another Spiderman, they didn't want to lose the franchise to someone else. Probably the same reason they are going to reboot Batman.

there is a period inthe comics where Bats takes a "sabbatical" and Robin fills in. Maybe a mod of that plot line?

(Y) Could well be, that would certainly help explain things if they went down that path.

I believe that the way licensing works is that you have to make a movie, or lose the rights. That's why they did another Spiderman, they didn't want to lose the franchise to someone else. Probably the same reason they are going to reboot Batman.

Yeah but one day or another people will get bored by this. I like super hero movies. But too much is like not enough.