Can self hypnosis cure shyness?

Extraversion and shyness aren't directly related. You can be shy regardless of whether you are an introvert or extravert person. Also, extraversion or introversion are aspects of yourself that you cannot change, shyness is something that you can change.

Someone actually suggested to defeat shyness one must put one's self out there.

I would actually suggest looking into a course on Public Speaking.... start out with a small crowd then work your way up there.

I don't think public speaking has anything to so with shyness.

I'm an extremely shy guy. In a party i'm the kind of guy to hide in a corner and wait for it to be over.

But i have no trouble speaking in front of a crowd. In fact i partially earn my life doing it.

Profesionally i can speak for hours in front of many people. Personally i usually don't have anything interesting to say and simply stfu.

As a first step, I'd suggest that you try to talk to old ladies at bus stops. Weather is always a safe topic and a good conversation starter.

:laugh:

The key to avoid being shy is just not to care what others think.

You live, you die.  The bit in the middle is too short to worry about what others think about you.

No, it can't cure it. It may help you cope with it better so you can learn to overcome it regularly, but it won't make it go away.

Speak for yourself.