• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,969 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 04 March 2013 - 21:11

what does protecting peoples artistic and other work have to do with nazis.

#17 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 21:21

Godwin's Law. And that there are artists who don't take kindly to being "protected".

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be a crap of what I'm today if not for pirated software. I feel bad about it, I do. Now that I have, I buy as much as I can afford. It's a drop in the ocean, because I live in a sh*tehole where prices are European, but wages Chinese, pardon the expressions again. Yada-yada-yada, before I'm banned for promoting piracy, because I do.

#18 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,969 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 21:28

I don't put pirating photoshop and 3DSMax for learning purposes(but not for making money or such, and for editing family photos and such the cheap elements versions are enough) in the same boat as consumable entertainment such as movies, games and music. But then neither Adobe or autodesk tend to go after home user pirates.

Also artists who don't want to be protected have a million and two ways to freely release their work.

#19 YouWhat

YouWhat

Neowinian

• 193 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4s IOS 6.1.2

Posted 04 March 2013 - 21:36

I got bad feeling bout this.... What conditions did they have to submit to? Adding a "special program" into each download so everyone can then learn about the North Korean plight?!!!

Have they found a way to turn a torrent client into a proxy for themselves for some kind future cyber warfare?

There is a million different ways I can see this can turn bad to TPB users in this arrangement...

#20 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,001 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 22:20

what does protecting peoples artistic and other work have to do with nazis.

Corporate sponsored Internet goes way beyond protecting artistic work, it's a very dangerous precedent.

#21 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,969 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 23:13

Corporate sponsored Internet goes way beyond protecting artistic work, it's a very dangerous precedent.

Corporate sponsored internet ? where the hell did that come from ? is companies protecting their interests and works sponsoring now ? Is arresting thieves also corporate sponsoring ?

#22 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,001 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 23:17

I meant to say corporate sponsored Internet censorship. And they're not just punishing pirates with blanket takedowns, they're punishing all the people that do use these services legally (and yes, I know this fact grinds the gears of a lot of corp shills but some artists do use TPB to distribute their work).

Besides, the world != the United States of America, the rest of us have no obligation to hold up American laws.

#23 paul0544

paul0544

Neowinian

• 129 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 23:46

They are faking it, and they are very good at it too. It got you all talking about the "issue" rather than the truth :)

#24 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:54

One thing for sure, the western corporations won't be shutting it down any time soon.

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,969 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:59

I meant to say corporate sponsored Internet censorship. And they're not just punishing pirates with blanket takedowns, they're punishing all the people that do use these services legally (and yes, I know this fact grinds the gears of a lot of corp shills but some artists do use TPB to distribute their work).

Besides, the world != the United States of America, the rest of us have no obligation to hold up American laws.

So because a fraction of a percentage of the tab content is freely released artist works, that frees them from all responsibility.

Except there a thousand other places for them to release on, even fully legal torrent sites.

#26 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44

I don't put pirating photoshop and 3DSMax for learning purposes(but not for making money or such, and for editing family photos and such the cheap elements versions are enough) in the same boat as consumable entertainment such as movies, games and music.

I wrote a long argument here before realizing they've been drilled over and over, and they aren't universal, nor really that convincing, either. Perhaps it's easier to say - life's unfair, deal with it.

#27 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,019 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:32

Well, I guess I just won't be using TPB to get my Linux distro's anymore.

I may have a few slightly dented morals when it comes to downloading TV shows, but if they're now going to tacitly support NK by using their hosting services, then I won't be using their site any longer.

#28 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,505 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:12

Congrats everybody... you all got trolled by TPB... again...

Fake news is fake.

#29 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,019 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:56

Congrats everybody... you all got trolled by TPB... again...

Fake news is fake.

Evidence?

#30 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,505 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:57

Evidence?

Their official Facebook page...

I would post a screen shot, but it contains language not acceptable on these forums.