MBPr Docking Station

Hey all, just got me my first MBPr 13" model but im keen on getting a Screen and Docking Station for it. Can anyone let me know whats out there. Seen Henge Docks, but they dont have a Rentina Model yet and will not be out till mid of the year.

Thunderbolt display. Expensive, but it's by far the best option out there.

yea was my first choice, but still looking for a docking station.

yea was my first choice, but still looking for a docking station.

The thunderbold display is a "docking station", it has USB, Firewire, ethernet and thunderbolt ports, it also includes built in speakers, microphones and camera. You can plug any devices you want in the thunderbolt display (like an external hard drive) and it will become accessible ass soon as you plug the thunderbolt cable into your macbook pro (and bonus, it comes with a charging cable too!)

The thunderbold display is a "docking station", it has USB, Firewire, ethernet and thunderbolt ports, it also includes built in speakers, microphones and camera. You can plug any devices you want in the thunderbolt display (like an external hard drive) and it will become accessible ass soon as you plug the thunderbolt cable into your macbook pro (and bonus, it comes with a charging cable too!)

Oh ok, so if i get the apple 27" monitor just plug in power and thunderbolt cords and away i go?

yes, it becomes like an imac. only difference is that it does not have line out for headphones, so headphones has to be plugged in to the laptop. the thunderbolt display has speakers thought, so the lack of line out doesn't really make any sense.

You can get a USB adapter for a line out if you wanted to hook up external speakers directly to the Thunderbolt Display.

Thunderbolt doesn't charge the MBP too? Bummer. I thought that it did.

• 3 weeks later...