Former Neowin member sent me a bad e-mail

Some jerk that I used to talk to on here, sent me a link to click on, with no other message.

I won't post the link, of course.

My anti-virus instantly detected a reported attack site, and stopped it.

What goes on with people ?

How does anyone get so bored as to send an attack msg to someone, years later ?

Sad .........

Some jerk that I used to talk to on here, sent me a link to click on, with no other message.

Sad .........

Are you sure his pc or email account hasn't been compromised in a way that it's just spamming infected emails to people in his contacts list?

Are you sure his pc or email account hasn't been compromised in a way that it's just spamming infected emails to people in his contacts list?

Surely, this is the most likely explanation.

Could be -- but I remember him as being a bit hostile, which is why I drifted away from him.

What I don't get is how somone could be mad at you..? your like the nicest most easy going person that lives on the interwebs.. lol Seriously.. Thats like punching an old lady that makes you pies..

Was it coming from a Gmail account? If so then could just be a compromised account and you're on his contact list! Give the poor guy benefit of the doubt :) A good idea could be to reply and see what he says :D

Reasons like explained above are the reason why I NEVER click links in emails anymore.

Sad .........

Most likely sent in error or his system is infected. I know my Yahoo/SPAM account kept sending some people in my contacts spam emails. I ended up removing all contacts since its just a spam account. Yahoo email is not good stopping, or resolving issues.

Hotmail has been getting hit pretty hard, check out the reports. Im sure it was an infection on his end and not the actual member.

yeah i remember there was a stream of hotmail hacks about 6 months ago

my account was one of the infected sending spam emails to friends in my contact list

so it could just be that going around again Hum

I've been getting a ridiculous amount of spam in my hotmail lately, it all goes into the junk folder but its easily 10-12 every 30 minutes

Exposure of your email is never good, plus you and other malicious stuff most likely signed up for stuff.. Companies selling emails oh yay!

I've been getting a ridiculous amount of spam in my hotmail lately, it all goes into the junk folder but its easily 10-12 every 30 minutes

Stop blocking the Rappy Newsletter :( :p

Stop blocking the Rappy Newsletter :( :p

:laugh: Ah is that they all are, I hit the unsubscribe button but it just took me to the Random Pictures Thread :p

I cannot understand why anyone would do this to you. You are a really nice person. This is one reason, I do not make my email public on any forum.

Recently helped someone with their incredimail email today. So I wanted to log into their web based email and see how many emails were waiting for them on the server (It was redownloading the same email over and over). I asked what their password was. They said "Internet". I told them that was a terrible password.

I recently helped a business reconfigure their ISP email on their new machines. Their email password..... "Password". I told them... uh call your ISP and get that changed.

Odd I got another today, so I guess it is some virus, hi-jack thing.

Couldn't find the member's name in the member list.

Wondered if he was banned.

Apparently removed altogether.