SimCity (2013)

well I'm in the game, but everything I try to start a game/city, it loads, and after loading it fails to connect to city or something...

Creating a personal region does not need to be online.

The game doesn't have personal regions....

I don't really agree with it, but there you are, and I haven't been able to try it yet so it might actually make sense in the game.

I don't really agree with it, but there you are, and I haven't been able to try it yet so it might actually make sense in the game.

isn't doing a sandbox basically a personal region?

everyone pick their "little" lot on a giant server map. and can communicate and share resources and stuff with their neighbours on the server/map.

Amazon suspends 'SimCity' digital orders as customer complaints surge

Amazon has temporarily stopped offering digital purchases of SimCity, a move that's no doubt related to server-side issues which have plagued the game since its launch early this week... As of this writing, 877 of 1,001 total ratings give the product just one star.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/7/4076104/amazon-stops-simcity-digital-orders-customer-complaints

Wow. I wonder if this kind of backlash will force EA to rethink their "always online" policy.

seems like they're restarting the servers, they're pretty much all "busy" right now except east europe 2 which is available... I think I'll start a game on that instead of waiting for west europe to eventually work.

well never mind, the server is available but the game is still unable to connect to the game servers....

Source: http://www.theverge....omer-complaints

Wow. I wonder if this kind of backlash will force EA to rethink their "always online" policy.

They would have to redo the entire game more or less. well not everything but all the base simulation parts of the game.

The game does so have personal regions. you go to create a region and tick private. This makes it a region that you can claim all the cities. There is also sandbox which is also a personal region.

Just take a look at the size of the maps! While it does seem slow because of it, it still works quite well....

Oh and curved roads!

Cities xl is slow because the game engine is messed up and only takes into account 1 processor core. Also there is a glitch where the game slows down after a while . You have to then exit out and go back in again.

Cities xl developers tried the whole multiplayer region and actually went under because of it. Surprise surprise that a dev 3 years later is trying the same thing and having the same problems.

A new dev bought the game and made it offline. That's why its still buyable today.

For the love of gaming, everybody, please just boycott these *****, it's the only way anything will change.

• Like 2

The game does so have personal regions. you go to create a region and tick private. This makes it a region that you can claim all the cities. There is also sandbox which is also a personal region.

Cities xl is slow because the game engine is messed up and only takes into account 1 processor core. Also there is a glitch where the game slows down after a while . You have to then exit out and go back in again.

Cities xl developers tried the whole multiplayer region and actually went under because of it. Surprise surprise that a dev 3 years later is trying the same thing and having the same problems.

A new dev bought the game and made it offline. That's why its still buyable today.

Have you or anyone else? played simcity versus cities xl 2012? If so, can I have your feedback? Does it have curved roads like the new simcity? Traffic is my favorite part of sim city 4.

Have you or anyone else? played simcity versus cities xl 2012? If so, can I have your feedback? Does it have curved roads like the new simcity? Traffic is my favorite part of sim city 4.

yes cities xl has curved roads. just look at the vid posted on the previous page, it's pretty good at showing cities xl

yes cities xl has curved roads. just look at the vid posted on the previous page, it's pretty good at showing cities xl

Oh my bad, at work, youtube blocked, i'll check it out later, thanks!

I have played all the games. I have both simcity 4 and cities xl. The new sim city does a good job at modeling traffic BUT there are no subways, and no highways. The biggest is 6 lane avenues with a streetcar track in the middle. Sim city 4 and cities xl are much better at designing highways and things. SimCity 5 does have curved roads but they are not a good use of space since the cities are so small.

Cities xl 2012 added mod support. So there is a budding mod community for it. Keep in mind there are some HUGE performance bugs in cities xl .One of them is only using 1 core and a slowdown after an hour or two of playing. This game will make great use of the core overclocking feature of the I series of processors.

Also cities xl is not as good as sim city with presenting you the information of what is needed.

This is pathetic. Great game ruined by the servers and always online.

Tried to play and now I have to wait 20 mins foe the next ATTEMPT to join and once I get it I get an alert saying I can't connect. :no:

Well I'm not liking what I am hearing... Just bought the game yesterday hoping that the issues would be resolved...

I haven't heard anything about twitter, are there accounts being flooded with bad reviews/problems?

Just take a look at the size of the maps! While it does seem slow because of it, it still works quite well....

Oh and curved roads!

The game kinda lacks atmosphere though. :/

I have played all the games. I have both simcity 4 and cities xl. The new sim city does a good job at modeling traffic BUT there are no subways, and no highways. The biggest is 6 lane avenues with a streetcar track in the middle. Sim city 4 and cities xl are much better at designing highways and things. SimCity 5 does have curved roads but they are not a good use of space since the cities are so small.

Cities xl 2012 added mod support. So there is a budding mod community for it. Keep in mind there are some HUGE performance bugs in cities xl .One of them is only using 1 core and a slowdown after an hour or two of playing. This game will make great use of the core overclocking feature of the I series of processors.

Also cities xl is not as good as sim city with presenting you the information of what is needed.

Well simcity 4 slows down as well after 4-5 hours of playings :p Guess i'll stick to cities xl; I loved modelling highways and subways in SC4.

In what way does it not present the information like simcity?

Well simcity 4 slows down as well after 4-5 hours of playings :p Guess i'll stick to cities xl; I loved modelling highways and subways in SC4.

In what way does it not present the information like simcity?

Sim city has the 3 bars as a general what is needed and wht is not. Cities xl has these 4 icons on the top toolbar that you need to click on to see whats needed. With SimCity its easy to tell without going deep into the menus to see whats generally needed. with cities xl its not as easy.