SimCity (2013)

My mouse is (was) on the buy button, what should I do? Did anyone get the deluxe edition (though I don't think I'd get it)?

I don't get why it said my graphic card is newer then what it needs but its slow. yet I can still run it on medium/high. Atleast in the beta. Didn't get a chance to play final yet.

My mouse is (was) on the buy button, what should I do? Did anyone get the deluxe edition (though I don't think I'd get it)?

You can buy the limited edition and then pay the difference to buy the other parts later if you want.

While it's entertaining... it should be called Sim Ville or Sim Town, the cities are incredibly small.

It seems that a Region is closer to what a City used to be, and that now each City is, as you stated, a little more like a large town. There has been a lot of conversations about this on Reddit and the base issue is that Maxis wanted the game to work well on older machine and that larger cities could be coming at a later date when they know a system can handle to processing power required for all the sims.

I hear your point, and I do hope that larger cities will become available.

It seems that a Region is closer to what a City used to be, and that now each City is, as you stated, a little more like a large town. There has been a lot of conversations about this on Reddit and the base issue is that Maxis wanted the game to work well on older machine and that larger cities could be coming at a later date when they know a system can handle to processing power required for all the sims.

I hear your point, and I do hope that larger cities will become available.

You mean when they have worked out how to make it in to a micro transaction/paid expansion that people will not complain about buying?

So I did bought it and now... "Processing Large File... Please Wait" guess it's downloading. I rather it said the download progress rather than blaming it on my computer, cause it ain't processing anything.

You can buy the limited edition and then pay the difference to buy the other parts later if you want.

You can? I haven't seen mention of that...

The folks in Europe should double check their Origin 'cause I've just successfully bought, downloaded, and installed the Deluxe game client that comes with the Russian/Hungarian/Polish languages. The game is running fine and I'm super excited 'cause the original from 1989 was one of the first PC games I played when I was eight or nine :D

While it's entertaining... it should be called Sim Ville or Sim Town, the cities are incredibly small.

That's what the reviews say... why shouldn't you be able to create a sprawling metropolis? Performance maybe?

That's what the reviews say... why shouldn't you be able to create a sprawling metropolis? Performance maybe?

Because they will make big areas payed DLC, that's why.

• Like 2

Supposedly it is for performance, those with higher end machines are held back because of those with crapboxes. Blergh.

You could have turned 'Official' into a tag while you were at it. :p

I just tried, can't figure it out!

Supposedly it is for performance, those with higher end machines are held back because of those with crapboxes. Blergh.

I just tried, can't figure it out!

Use the full editor on the first post, remove 'Official' from the topic, add as tag, check 'Use first tag as prefix'.

Use the full editor on the first post, remove 'Official' from the topic, add as tag, check 'Use first tag as prefix'.

:D Thank you! Can't believe it was so fiddly ... this forum software .. pfft!

Oupss :( : http://arstechnica.c...years-for-this/

SimCity impressions: We waited ten years for this?

Please - it's Ars Technica. There is a large crossover between Ars and SimTropolis (which is also harsh on this version of SImCity during the two back-end test runs).

I'll wait for both the MetaCritic reviews *and* SimTropolis' own review of the finished product.

There to many people whining about EA on the internet right now. I refuse to take MetaCritic seriously with all the fake reviews.

If you ask me this is backlash from the pirate community that they can't crack the game.

Even though I expected to be issues on day one of this game release, mostly I expected trouble joining servers, I didn't expect to run into the bugs I encountered in the short time I played the game.

The first bug right off the bat was not being able to play the tutorial city. The game showed "a cannot load city" error when i tried to start. It took about 5 or 6 tries to get to work and I suspect it was server related. Not surprising but I was still annoyed by it. The next bug occurred when I started my first city in a new region. The ability to zoom and rotate was not functioning for some reason. I was still able to build, but I could not zoom or rotate the city. The problem was resolved when I exited the city and reloaded it. Not a big deal but still strange none the less. And the last and most irritating bug for me right now is not being able to invite people on my friends list into a private region. I'm currently getting a "invite can't be sent at this time" error. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this right now.

Outside these issues, the gameplay is definitely interesting and I'm planning to try some old building strategies I used in the older SimCity games and see how they fare. I know adjustments will have to be made, but it's still nice to play a SimCity game again.

There to many people whining about EA on the internet right now. I refuse to take MetaCritic seriously with all the fake reviews.

If you ask me this is backlash from the pirate community that they can't crack the game.

I doubt the game will go un-cracked.....no game has (even online-only games have private servers and server emulators)......if anything it just takes a bit of extra time to crack online-requirement games. Remember Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed (whichever one they started the online-only with)? They had a huge backlash because of the online requirement, the game was cracked and those pirating the game had 0 issues pertaining to the online requirement, while the legit buyers still had server-related issues.

Even though I expected to be issues on day one of this game release, mostly I expected trouble joining servers, I didn't expect to run into the bugs I encountered in the short time I played the game.

The first bug right off the bat was not being able to play the tutorial city. The game showed "a cannot load city" error when i tried to start. It took about 5 or 6 tries to get to work and I suspect it was server related. Not surprising but I was still annoyed by it. The next bug occurred when I started my first city in a new region. The ability to zoom and rotate was not functioning for some reason. I was still able to build, but I could not zoom or rotate the city. The problem was resolved when I exited the city and reloaded it. Not a big deal but still strange none the less. And the last and most irritating bug for me right now is not being able to invite people on my friends list into a private region. I'm currently getting a "invite can't be sent at this time" error. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this right now.

Outside these issues, the gameplay is definitely interesting and I'm planning to try some old building strategies I used in the older SimCity games and see how they fare. I know adjustments will have to be made, but it's still nice to play a SimCity game again.

I don't have the full version yet . (at work and its being delivered today. ordered the dvd version) but from my beta experience think very hard about your streets. If you put a two lane road and want to eventually make it a 4 plan for that ahead of time.

I don't have the full version yet . (at work and its being delivered today. ordered the dvd version) but from my beta experience think very hard about your streets. If you put a two lane road and want to eventually make it a 4 plan for that ahead of time.

and then once you want it to be six you'll be like 'oh crap'

I think the servers crashed hah