SimCity (2013)

The game saves all progress locally and then syncs to the server every few minutes, that's been known pretty much since the start.

And that proves absolutely diddly-squat - MMORPGs do that, too. (On a much-quicker save-schedule, but that is what they do.) So do MP shooters - in fact, any game that has MP at all works that way.

Face facts - you're mad that there isn't a supported (by the game itself) offline option, so you are trying to hack one in.

I have no opinion one way or the other about THAT topic - however, I resent the attempt to blow smoke.

I sent you a friend invite. Can you invite me in?

Thanks!

Can you invite me in as well ? Thanks.

Well I accepted two friend requests, but I was unable to invite you to the region yet, didn't seem my origin/SimCity knew you guys are playing SimCity yet. Deranged can also invite you to the region as he's there if I'm not online and he is.

Well I accepted two friend requests, but I was unable to invite you to the region yet, didn't seem my origin/SimCity knew you guys are playing SimCity yet. Deranged can also invite you to the region as he's there if I'm not online and he is.

It's pretty easy to invite people from the region map before you enter the game. That's pretty much the only place I'm aware of atm.

It's pretty easy to invite people from the region map before you enter the game. That's pretty much the only place I'm aware of atm.

It's really retarded, but it seems like you can't 'see' someone to invite them unless they have connected to that particular server at some point. So if someone has never connected to the Antarctica server, for example, you won't see them on the list of friends to invite. Really, the ****ty server set up doesn't get enough complaints imo.

Unfortunately I can't play my city on that server untill they fixed the city processing issue. the city break 10 minutes after I start playing every time now. But I'll go in and drop invites for anyone who wants to join on my HawkMan79 account.

also I haven't looked into the traffic patch, but is part of it more intelligently designed road crosses ? as it is right now, even on the 3 lane roads, everyone on all the lanes at a cross will turn right instead of only the right most lane being right turn dedicated and the middle lane lane both and the let lane only straight. because of this, right turners can hold up the traffic much more than needed. at the same rate, traffic going straight can hold up people who are turning right that should be able to drive all the time nearly.

The "traffic patch" is supposed to weight individual roads in relation to how heavy the traffic is on that current road. So if there are multiple routes the cars will take an alternative route (if it exists) I don't think it addresses the issue that you describe :(

I'm not sure if anyone linked this - Lucy Bradshaw admits they could have made an offline mode

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122732-EA-Admits-That-SimCity-Could-Have-Been-Offline

However it didn't fit in with what they wanted in being an online game with multiplayer - seems fair to me if that's what they wanted. The issue I have though still is their underestimation of the number of users and the roll backs. The game looks lovely and I could forgive the other issues as simply needing fixing/teething troubles

Yes, in Europe West 1, but it's a little anemic (HawkMan and me.)

You forget the EU and US west servers are locked down for new users.

We have a region on Antartica too with 6 or so other Neowinians.

Same, new players cannot enter the WEST servers.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/server-status

The "traffic patch" is supposed to weight individual roads in relation to how heavy the traffic is on that current road. So if there are multiple routes the cars will take an alternative route (if it exists) I don't think it addresses the issue that you describe :(

I'm not sure if anyone linked this - Lucy Bradshaw admits they could have made an offline mode

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122732-EA-Admits-That-SimCity-Could-Have-Been-Offline

However it didn't fit in with what they wanted in being an online game with multiplayer - seems fair to me if that's what they wanted. The issue I have though still is their underestimation of the number of users and the roll backs. The game looks lovely and I could forgive the other issues as simply needing fixing/teething troubles

Yesterday's patch surely helped traffic. They are not constantly stuck in 1 line because they all have to turn left at the end of the road. Occasionally now cars will drive on the middle or 3rd lane too even though they want to go left.

And they seem to take alternative routes more often.

Still a bit buggy here and there though. But its better then days ago. I can finally keep my 100k+ towns clear of traffic jams :D

However some towns have just 1 lane going in from the highway basically. Piling up HUGE lines on the highway... When you're an mining town, this can be really close to life or death situations with -10/50k an hr :p And due to traffic jams sell nothing for over a day can be killing.

I'd love to see the weird crossovers being replaced by simply a road going into the city :)

You forget the EU and US west servers are locked down for new users.

We have a region on Antartica too with 6 or so other Neowinians.

Same, new players cannot enter the WEST servers.

http://www.simcity.c...S/server-status

Yesterday's patch surely helped traffic. They are not constantly stuck in 1 line because they all have to turn left at the end of the road. Occasionally now cars will drive on the middle or 3rd lane too even though they want to go left.

And they seem to take alternative routes more often.

Still a bit buggy here and there though. But its better then days ago. I can finally keep my 100k+ towns clear of traffic jams :D

However some towns have just 1 lane going in from the highway basically. Piling up HUGE lines on the highway... When you're an mining town, this can be really close to life or death situations with -10/50k an hr :p And due to traffic jams sell nothing for over a day can be killing.

I'd love to see the weird crossovers being replaced by simply a road going into the city :)

Could you invite me on the antartica server to the region with neowins? My name is ThGhostWalker on Origin :)

Twice you said that ;) lol :laugh:

I double tapped 'Post' lol.

Shouldn't we be getting the email today with a free game?

https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-something-extra

When can I start to get my free game?

The free game portal will be rolling out in waves, and it will be available in the following regions by these dates:

• North America by 5pm PST/midnight GMT on Wednesday, March 20.
  • Europe by 5pm PST/midnight GMT on Thursday, March 21.
  • Asia & South America by 5pm PST/midnight GMT on Friday, March 22.

Which games are available?

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • MOHW (Standard Edition)
  • NFS Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition

The free game portal will be rolling out in waves, and it will be available in the following regions by these dates:

• Bejeweled 3
  • Plants vs. Zombies

I expected worse though.

Most Wanted? which one? the 5 year old one or current? :p

Looking at this list the only thing sorta worthwhile is BF3 or NFSMW.

But why SC4? wouldn't most people already own it that bought SC prelaunch?

I expected worse though.

Most Wanted? which one? the 5 year old one or current? :p

Looking at this list the only thing sorta worthwhile is BF3 or NFSMW.

But why SC4? wouldn't most people already own it that bought SC prelaunch?

Seeing as the rest are the latest (well, except SimCity 4, for obvious reasons), I'm gonna guess the latest Most Wanted too.

• Bejeweled 3
  • Plants vs. Zombies

Plants vs Zombies (Y) great game, but not really worth picking

Or bejewelled either

I'm just updating SimCity now, would be good if we could get a list of Origin Usernames of people that play SimCity in here :)

Mine is ScazzaUK.

Looking forward to a free copy of Battlefield 3, only have it on xbox so nice for comparison reasons alone! :)

My Origin ID is MarkusJson

A question for the people who play :p:

All my roads are busy roads (in dutch: drukke wegen),

how can I transform them to the biggert roads? with three lanes at each side? it won't let me

A question for the people who play :p:

All my roads are busy roads (in dutch: drukke wegen),

how can I transform them to the biggert roads? with three lanes at each side? it won't let me

Use the Road Upgrade tool (Shortcut Key R) to upgrade the roads to Maximum density Streets. If you need avenues however, you'll first have to bulldoze the underlying road and then lay the avenue path, destroying any adjacent building at the same time....

• Like 1