SimCity (2013)

Use the Road Upgrade tool (Shortcut Key R) to upgrade the roads to Maximum density Streets. If you need avenues however, you'll first have to bulldoze the underlying road and then lay the avenue path, destroying any adjacent building at the same time....

It's best to plan your avenues early on. saves you money. not to mentino any costly building you have to get rid of in the process

It's best to plan your avenues early on. saves you money.

Absolutely, especially have to put in to consideration all the upgraded buildings, HQ's etc as well maximum turnout and less hazzle...

Absolutely, especially have to put in to consideration all the upgraded buildings, HQ's etc as well maximum turnout and less hazzle...

Most of my cities I make a grid of 2 in one direction and 3 in the other crossing the map from end to end. Since I have been doing that, traffic issues have gone away. Then putting the larger police, fire, hospitals, and bus stations on that mean the entire city stays fair safe

Most of my cities I make a grid of 2 in one direction and 3 in the other crossing the map from end to end. Since I have been doing that, traffic issues have gone away. Then putting the larger police, fire, hospitals, and bus stations on that mean the entire city stays fair safe

Same principle here, been very careful with the number of intersections leading up to main avenues as they're a major traffic jammer. I also put my trade depots and electronics factories right next to the city entrance, easing congestion ever more....

as far as the major complaint of being online all the time goes that does not bother me much being that i have many other games with that model, what does bother me though is that this game was supposed to be Very advanced and yet the AI is Very stupid, taking smaller congested roads instead of larger freeways, fire trucks doing uturns and going the wrong way away from burning buildings and people getting stuck in loops and never getting to work/food and whatnot. not to mention trade routes that take days because they get stuck in traffic that should never exist to begin with.

So if you see this pic, you'll see I can't build those large avenues and I'm ****ed ;p:

2rettw2.png

So if you see this pic, you'll see I can't build those large avenues and I'm ****ed ;p:

You can, but you have to tear down the streets. The streets go from dirt to high density, and then the avenues have their own category. You have to start with the lowest avenue and upgrade it. there is no bridge from streets to avenues.

as far as the major complaint of being online all the time goes that does not bother me much being that i have many other games with that model, what does bother me though is that this game was supposed to be Very advanced and yet the AI is Very stupid, taking smaller congested roads instead of larger freeways, fire trucks doing uturns and going the wrong way away from burning buildings and people getting stuck in loops and never getting to work/food and whatnot. not to mention trade routes that take days because they get stuck in traffic that should never exist to begin with.

not to mention things like waste will get elasticated/stuck at intersections causing it not to be dealt with and make your sims complain

if you know where to look the game breaking bugs just keep stacking up right now from what i can tell. which is one of the reasons i'm holding off on getting this game till it's on sale

not to mention things like waste will get elasticated/stuck at intersections causing it not to be dealt with and make your sims complain

if you know where to look the game breaking bugs just keep stacking up right now from what i can tell. which is one of the reasons i'm holding off on getting this game till it's on sale

It's on sale now. You get another game with it free. Will be picking up BF3 for free later. Without looking, I haven't found any game breaking bugs. Seems to me that the people who don't even play the game claim it is unplayable the most. Interesting. Works fine for me. The game works and there are no game breaking bugs unless you are trying to break the game on purpose. I would rather just play it than waste my time looking for flaws. Maybe I am just weird though.

It's on sale now. You get another game with it free. Will be picking up BF3 for free later. Without looking, I haven't found any game breaking bugs. Seems to me that the people who don't even play the game claim it is unplayable the most. Interesting. Works fine for me.

i may not have played it myself but I'm making all my judgements off of watching it being played on a stream a few times. I admit that the game looks fun as hell but just some of the bugs i've noticed would annoy the hell out of me so i'll wait till most of them are smashed and then wait for the game to go on sale (i don't consider the free game thing to be a valid sale, DS3 killed the series for me and the other games either don't interest me or I already own them)

It's on sale now. You get another game with it free. Will be picking up BF3 for free later. Without looking, I haven't found any game breaking bugs. Seems to me that the people who don't even play the game claim it is unplayable the most. Interesting. Works fine for me. The game works and there are no game breaking bugs unless you are trying to break the game on purpose. I would rather just play it than waste my time looking for flaws. Maybe I am just weird though.

I bought it and I didn't get another game for free...

I haven't seen any game breaking bugs so far. I have 2 cities where one is an educated city with a processor factory and a population of 250,000. The second is an oil, coal, ore mining city with all my utilities for the first city and everything is functioning fine between the 2. I provide water, sewer, trash, power from the mining city to my main city which workers come into for jobs.

Yes the AI needs to be improved but it's certainly not game breaking or making it unplayable.

Last I checked people can't turn around on an avenue so that'd be a bit weird.

They wouldn't need to turn? Because somewhere on that avenue is their home, and they park there and when they want to drive on the street again they can go either way?

Hi guys! Many of my factories are closing because they have "not enough spaces to ship freight". I have 2 Trade Depots with Freight Shipping Warehouses but they are empty. Instead, the ore, coal, metal and alloy lots are working fine. I also have many commercial buildings that they are suppose to sell the freight.

Any suggestions ?

I had this problem once, but it went away after my traffic was less jammed :/ (made bigger roads)

I had this problem once, but it went away after my traffic was less jammed :/ (made bigger roads)

Thanks man! I've just build a new trade depot very close to the industrial zone and now it seems that they are shipping. Maybe this is going to be solved with the next patch that they've annouced to solve the traffic issue.

Hi guys! Many of my factories are closing because they have "not enough spaces to ship freight". I have 2 Trade Depots with Freight Shipping Warehouses but they are empty. Instead, the ore, coal, metal and alloy lots are working fine. I also have many commercial buildings that they are suppose to sell the freight.

Any suggestions ?

It means you aren't selling goods. Make more commercial zones.

I haven't seen any game breaking bugs so far. I have 2 cities where one is an educated city with a processor factory and a population of 250,000. The second is an oil, coal, ore mining city with all my utilities for the first city and everything is functioning fine between the 2. I provide water, sewer, trash, power from the mining city to my main city which workers come into for jobs.

Yes the AI needs to be improved but it's certainly not game breaking or making it unplayable.

Its weird, I have one town where I had 180k people and not a single traffic jam besides rush hour (cleared up after 1,5-2hrs though).

Later a new town, similar layout... 80k people.. gridlocked to the bone. I lower my population to below 30k people.. gridlocks wont stop, even though they started at 70k people.

Public transit waiting times always hovered between 40-50. and train stations/ferry's.

There is something odd, its not like I cant build :/ (richest city in rounded corners :p)

And then a chain effect runs rampit. People cant go to schools, become stupid, set everything on fire (even though every single citizen is stuck in traffic), fire engines cant reach the fires, everything burns down.

Or what happened earlier, almost broke.. just +50ish an hour with bonds maxxed out. Earthquake strikes my water pumping station and water sewage plant :)

Traffic seems a bit improved last few days. But its still broken.

Still to many cars driving into dead end roads they have no business in (really?) This seems random though. They tend to go more nuts when there are starting to be traffic jams. Even if its not on their path.