SimCity (2013)

>>I got my game on launch day from Origin and no email about my free game yet?

You don't get an email I don't think.

Make sure Origin is updated (exit it and re-start it).

Go to Origin at the top and "launch featured today", with any luck you'll then get the option to choose your free game :)

Unless you already owned every other game in the list to choose from, picking MoHW was probably the worst thing you could have done.

Thought this was interesting. This guy built a city with no public transit and got to more than 407k in population with minimal traffic issues. He found that using L streets (3-way stops, instead of 4) really helps with the traffic issues that the AI seem to have:

Unless you already owned every other game in the list to choose from, picking MoHW was probably the worst thing you could have done.

I thought MOHW was actually pretty damn good. I don't know if it was any better or worse at launch but I had no idea what anyone was hating on about.

I liked it more than Black Ops 2s single player (which plays well but the story amounts to 'a bunch of people rambling endlessly.')

I thought MOHW was actually pretty damn good. I don't know if it was any better or worse at launch but I had no idea what anyone was hating on about.

I liked it more than Black Ops 2s single player (which plays well but the story amounts to 'a bunch of people rambling endlessly.')

• Like 1

I got an email saying in the next few days I'll get another email as they're doing it region by region.

I got my email last night and I chose NFS: Most Wanted. The game is a complete ripoff from Burnout: Paradise.

Update 3/18/2013 - Update 1.7

General:

• All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
  • Performance improvements for low spec systems.

Traffic Improvements:

• Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
  • Emergency Vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
  • Emergency and Delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.

Server:

• New Server will be added this afternoon (PDT): Asia 2!

Let's test the traffic ;p

Was hoping they'd fixed the bug where all garbage collection/recycling trucks and buses drive after each other in some insane conga line... No wonder my recycling plants has nothing to recycle most of the time :(

Was hoping they'd fixed the bug where all garbage collection/recycling trucks and buses drive after each other in some insane conga line... No wonder my recycling plants has nothing to recycle most of the time :(

Look at this lol xD :p:

dhbe3k.jpg

• Like 2

Dude its the same developer, Criterion games.

Still.... why make two identical games? Just because of branding? NFS vs Burnout?

Still.... why make two identical games? Just because of branding? NFS vs Burnout?

They've been making similar games since Burnout: Revenge. Although calling them 'identical' is a huge stretch.

1. They're not identical, they're similar

2. If game developers stopped making similar games, they'd be like six of them

So if I get SC from Origin before 3/25 do I get a free title from that list? Also, I'd love to see people chime in with the traffic fixes and how "fixed" it really is. I'm wanting to get this game and part of me believes Maxis will fix all the bugs/issues because there's far too much public outcry to ignore them, but the other half doesn't quite trust EA anymore.

Anyways, if fixes are going in the right direction and I can get a free game if I buy before 3/25...then I might give it a shot!

Edit: dumb typo.

So if I get SC3 from Origin before 3/25 do I get a free title from that list? Also, I'd love to see people chime in with the traffic fixes and how "fixed" it really is. I'm wanting to get this game and part of me believes Maxis will fix all the bugs/issues because there's far too much public outcry to ignore them, but the other half doesn't quite trust EA anymore.

Anyways, if fixes are going in the right direction and I can get a free game if I buy before 3/25...then I might give it a shot!

Yes - I actually got an e-mail about this (I've been on the Simcity Insider mailing list since prior to the closed betas). As long as you purchase (and register) you copy by the 25th you'll get your free game (Most Wanted for mew also).

So if I get SC from Origin before 3/25 do I get a free title from that list? Also, I'd love to see people chime in with the traffic fixes and how "fixed" it really is. I'm wanting to get this game and part of me believes Maxis will fix all the bugs/issues because there's far too much public outcry to ignore them, but the other half doesn't quite trust EA anymore.

Edit: dumb typo.

Yes to the first part, and the second, I'll let you decide ;)