SimCity (2013)

How are people getting codes from GMG, I can't find it for sale on their site

It's a really great game just being held back by stupid decisions. Those being

online requirement - who didn't see this being a disaster

small tile size - just looks stupid to have a city of sky scrappers that fills a small perfect square outside of which there is nothing.

I don't think the tile size is that bad. I am having fun specializing my cities. I built a general purpose city. I now am building an oil city to supply my general city with oil. eventually I want to be able to build an arcology work but that requires $1 million dollars and a ton of plastic and other things.

Thanks for that link, but as expected that doesn't appear to work here :(

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned about connecting to US proxy or VPN and they were able to unlock it.

All the negative reviews on Amazon for this game make me smile. Mostly because I just dislike EA.

I'm still interested in this game, but not at $59.99. Maybe when it is less than half that I'll try it out. Is there a demo out?

• Like 2

I must have logged off before that happened. IT said my city was synced, and that it was doing it then ended. I still havent played public. I was doing a city now in private not in sandbox. Got a nice place to try and get coal and oil. Have to play it more tonight hopefully.

All the negative reviews on Amazon for this game make me smile. Mostly because I just dislike EA.

I'm still interested in this game, but not at $59.99. Maybe when it is less than half that I'll try it out. Is there a demo out?

Purchase from Indian Origin store using a vpn. Will be 28 bucks there upon release.

Purchase from Indian Origin store using a vpn. Will be 28 bucks there upon release.

Hmm...tempting... I'm worried I'll have licensing issues when they realize I'm not in the same region. I hear the game is like Diablo 3 was with the always online requirement.

Just seeing the reactions here and what I read elsewhere, I am damn tempted to start up SimCity 4 on my computer. I'll wait on 5 when it hits the christmas bargin bin.

• Like 3

Heh it already is :) It's covered most of my playtime since I bought it, (Picked up Tomb Raider at the same time, on that note.)

And large cities from the jump is NOT realistic. No city (not even major PLANNED cities such as Brasilia in Brazil) started off large by design - typically, large cities got to be large by eating their neighbors as they grow and assuming central control over services (which is the model for Sim City's "region" format). What we know of as "neighborhoods" today in most of the large-to-megacities today were originally towns and cities in their own right - the only ones insisting on large cities from the beginning are those that have played previous versions of SC. (I did my due-dilligence *and* I have every Windows version of SimCity but the current one so far - it is largely DUE to SimCity that I took up local municipal management as a hobby.)

If you want the equivalent of the earlier supercities from SC, take over an entire *region*. (Sandbox mode permits this.)

Sheesh.

Just seeing the reactions here and what I read elsewhere, I am damn tempted to start up SimCity 4 on my computer. I'll wait on 5 when it hits the christmas bargin bin.

The only problems are the server problems. Once you actually play the game the plot sizes won't matter. There is a ton to manage . There is more strategy involved in this one. if you had those huge plot sizes you would never be able to manage the whole city. Also you can have a whole region to yourself. So one city would be an oil city who delivers oil to the other cities and things like that . each specialization has its own problems.

Its a lot more fun then it sounds. Also just building the city quickly will not work in this game. Roads and transportation are a big plus. You can build out the whole plot in an hour or two but that does not mean your population will be big.

Also This region play is similar to NYC. I live by NYC and each borough is their own city that shares rescources. I hope EA comes out with a NYC region that is shaped like nyc with 5 cities. heck maybe even 7 cities with 2 more taking the places of Nassau and Suffolk counties on long island

Supposedly it is for performance, those with higher end machines are held back because of those with crapboxes. Blergh.

If they're already "using the cloud" for data simulation, why don't they just go ahead and have the whole game run off some superservers and just stream you the graphical end of it?

If they're already "using the cloud" for data simulation, why don't they just go ahead and have the whole game run off some superservers and just stream you the graphical end of it?

That would probably be a hell of a lot of bandwidth and impossible to do for every player (and **** people off more than this model.)

Coming from a company which can't even run servers properly to start with...

The QQ would be off the scale.

Coming from a company which can't even run servers properly to start with...

The QQ would be off the scale.

You mean Blizzard right? ;) Seriously, for a company that runs World of Warcraft they've had some pretty **** poor launches with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 too.

Most MMOs do as well.

Welcome to online gaming.