SimCity (2013)

Today is the day, downloading it right now and it's slow! I'm at 19%...

Got the digital download Deluxe Edition.

I just hope that the servers are able to cope with the load!

While it's entertaining... it should be called Sim Ville or Sim Town, the cities are incredibly small.

sigh, stuck in europe, we have to wait until the 7th.... not counting the poor UK, 8th for them...

But then again, now our North American brothers can stress test the servers for us :)

I am going to love the micro transactions.

I think EA must get all the possible money through in app purchases. This will help them create even better games whose sole objective would be to engage us deeply into micro transactions. Ultimately we should not be able to tell whether we are playing the game or we are playing micro transactions.

It's going to be real fun.

• Like 3

I'm jealous, but the always-online is still a deal breaker for me. I guess I'll play some Simcity 4 this evening, maybe get hold of some more textures the increase the diversity.

sigh, stuck in europe, we have to wait until the 7th.... not counting the poor UK, 8th for them...

But then again, now our North American brothers can stress test the servers for us :)

Origin was falling down a bit under the load and the keys went out about fifteen mins late, but once I got the launcher installed it downloaded and played fine. I haven't noticed any problems at all.

Still waiting for my Green Man Gaming code to come through... wish they would allow pre-caching the game :/

I got the dvd version. So when the servers eventually get closed down their will hopefully be an offline patch or crack and I can use it. I am stuck not playing it till tonight or tomorrow.

Origin was falling down a bit under the load and the keys went out about fifteen mins late, but once I got the launcher installed it downloaded and played fine. I haven't noticed any problems at all.

Umm it was more like two and a half hours late...

7th in Europe... why so late? I wanna play.

8th in Europe. 7th in Australia.

Im stuck waiting for the 8th !!!

never thought i would see the day of sim city 5

You're not alone. Waiting for the 8th too :(

I can definately say one thing...

it's pretty wierd not saving your game at all, at first I had that nagging doubt that there had to be something else I needed to do before leaving the game heh :p :)

My shop cancelled my pre order.... arghh. What is the point, when I pre ordered 2 months ago...

I know I'm being pedantic and y'all will hate me, but I had to rename the topic - it's not officially called 'SimCity 5' but just 'SimCity'.

Anyway, it sucks having to wait until Friday just because I'm in the UK. Given the drama involved with their servers not coping with demand, I guess it's not the end of the world. I would rather wait and have an easier time of it when I do have access.

I know I'm being pedantic and y'all will hate me, but I had to rename the topic - it's not officially called 'SimCity 5' but just 'SimCity'.

Anyway, it sucks having to wait until Friday just because I'm in the UK. Given the drama involved with their servers not coping with demand, I guess it's not the end of the world. I would rather wait and have an easier time of it when I do have access.

You could have turned 'Official' into a tag while you were at it. :p

Ooh, so only one more day of waiting for me. I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe edition on Origin yesterday.