SimCity (2013)

official maxis ea pc origin glassbox

1037 replies to this topic

#931 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21

I've just started building the Space Center... just taking a lot of damn resources (and time).

They all do. I've only managed to build the solar farm so far.

#932 Hurmoth

Hurmoth

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:47

Two things: (1) this is one crazy bridge:

(2) Nissan LEAF Charging Station is available as a free addon if anyone is interested: http://forum.ea.com/...st/9416786.page

#933 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:53

(2) Nissan LEAF Charging Station is available as a free addon if anyone is interested: http://forum.ea.com/...st/9416786.page

man all that was goofy in Sims 3 too, do people really need branding in their games that badly o.o then again I got some Ford stuff in it so...ahem

but I guess the point is the fans of the car will like it and Nissan is paying for it so whatevah. I'm not forced to add it.

#934 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 13:11

More interested in making a fast buck from in-game advertising than trying to fix this broken mess, kinda sums this whole charade up really.

#935 sbauer

sbauer

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:04

More interested in making a fast buck from in-game advertising than trying to fix this broken mess, kinda sums this whole charade up really.

I actually like having real brands in the game so I don't really mind this.

#936 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 00:42

I actually like having real brands in the game so I don't really mind this.

I actually don't mind either. Just not at the expense of rubbing one's nose in it, and not fixing what should be fixed, along with zero feedback from the Devs on the main forums, apart from posting this?

That is not good.

#937 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:16

I actually don't mind either. Just not at the expense of rubbing one's nose in it, and not fixing what should be fixed, along with zero feedback from the Devs on the main forums, apart from posting this?

That is not good.

hmm seeing how people are here I wonder why they wouldn't want to talk to them. mind boggling I tell you

They post plenty in the blog http://www.simcity.c...update-from-kip
kinda surprised that one isn't linked to in the game launcher considering

#938 scaramonga

scaramonga

ME!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:53

kinda surprised that one isn't linked to in the game launcher considering

Well, you know, I was thinking the same. Last post in game launcher was from 'Lier Lucy Bradshaw' on the 9th march? Not updated much is it?

#939 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:30

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm at 75000 population, and residential and industrial demand is really high but there's no space for me to expand whatsoever. As a result, I'm not getting enough taxes to be sustainable and upgrade to the higher tech fire and police buildings for example.

Did I just pick a bad plot of land? How is it intended that you break though these issues?

#940 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:32

Is your city multipurpose or focused. If its multipurpose you'll never have enough room.

#941 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:36

Is your city multipurpose or focused. If its multipurpose you'll never have enough room.

My intention was to focus on gambling and tourism. That wasn't working out so I built an ore plant to help offset the budget losses I was seeing.

Most of the money is spent in education and transportation. Exacerbating my frustrations is that it keeps telling me manufacturers can't find enough skilled workers but I've checked and none of the school/high school/community colleges are teaching to capacity, and I simply don't have room for a university (there's another in a different city in the region so they should be able to go to that, right?)

#942 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 10 April 2013 - 16:54

It takes time to build up your education level. Unis can be region wide but I don't know if it depends on your bus system or what yet.

I've got balance down easy enough in my non radioactive cities (hahaha) but sadly no way to fix those (though I'm pretty good at keeping afloat in them! That isn't much fun though.)

Ore plants don't really make much money unless you process the ore into metal or alloy...I kinda gave up on that aspect of things because the pollution can get out of hand. So keep it relatively simple and things should be a bit saner.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I'm at 75000 population, and residential and industrial demand is really high but there's no space for me to expand whatsoever. As a result, I'm not getting enough taxes to be sustainable and upgrade to the higher tech fire and police buildings for example.

Did I just pick a bad plot of land? How is it intended that you break though these issues?

Also, sometimes you simply need to rezone (or bring the land value of an area up.) You might think your system works well but if its showing no commercial demand you have too many shops and need to switch some out.

#943 .Markus

.Markus

supertramp

Posted 10 April 2013 - 23:34

SimCity launching June 11 on Mac, get both PC and Mac versions with single purchase

That's good news!

#944 Island Dog

Island Dog

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 April 2013 - 14:59

Yes, glad to get a Mac copy since I have the PC version.

#945 +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 15:39

I hope they fix region discovery by then to filter out regions that are inactive too, come to think of it. For a game that's designed around playing with other people, it's matchmaking is terrible last I tried (before I found some local friends to play with).