SimCity (2013)

EA I want a f...king refund or you will be getting a trojan in your emails... Seriously I won't ask for a refund.

Trolling much?

LOL I started trying to watch a live stream on Twitch and it was basically some guy trying to get in to a server and being rejected, so he selected different servers and got rejected from those too. Great advertisement for the game :(

I really want to give this game the benefit of the doubt but it is not looking good so far, very few proponents for the game and lots and lots of complaints :(

I still can't wait to get my hands on the game tomorrow.

You'll have your hands on it, yes, but you can forget about actually playing it ;)

I have Sim City 4 above my desk, but due to how they've done the graphics it performs worse on current hardware than hardware from around the time it was released.

And running A DOS game in a DOS emulator on an OS X system? I've got to get that geek cred in somehow.

I was bored and just looked up SimCity Deluxe on Android, it doesn't work on the latest Android but the reviews seem to be similar. Mostly 1 star if the game actually works.

I have to disagree, I would understand if it was an MMO, but historically this has always been a single player game, they shoe horned in always online features to try and combat piracy and all it's done is hurt the people who actually bought the game. There was no need and no excuse for making it always online.

You can't demand a refund, Origin technical support have been denying all refund requests and simply offering 15% discount codes, one person on GAF threatened a chargeback and Origin support said they would ban his whole account with all his bought games on if he did that.

Historically doesn't even matter, we're talking ten years ago. If the series hadn't been rebooted it just never would've come back at all.

Also, that's exactly what Valve will do to Steam accounts if you chargeback. It's also their policy to deny refunds after the game has released, although they have bent policy here and there.

Well, I upgraded in game from Limited Edition to Digital Deluxe, got my receipt email but if I look at the game in Origin, it shows all the city packs as "Buy" - nowhere in my account settings/ order details does it say I bought it.

help.ea.com has crashed too.

I bought the upgrade 2hrs ago.

I am playing simcity 2000 right now too isn't it amazing?

You should at least upgrade to SC4 ! :rofl: The last real good SimCity... Everything else after that was/is junk.

Played the new SimCity last night, still had server errors. The fact that you can't undo anything and can't save/load a city is crazy. Don't do anything wrong because you can't go back.

Loads of Gfx bugs...

Well, I upgraded in game from Limited Edition to Digital Deluxe, got my receipt email but if I look at the game in Origin, it shows all the city packs as "Buy" - nowhere in my account settings/ order details does it say I bought it.

help.ea.com has crashed too.

I bought the upgrade 2hrs ago.

Go back in the game and it should notify if they're unlocked when you load a city...it should inform you of the new stuff available. I don't know if the in game purchasing is linked directly to Origin or not, but it isn't in other online properties they own.

Sure let me put some Britney Spears for you!

I listen to nyancat on loop when i make stupid cities and when I make good cities I listen to hands-up and hardstyle.

erm, why? Just mute the music and play it in an external app like every other game.

it's not the same!

Are any of those games really any better? Also it's worth noting all of these games were first introduced several years ago. Sim City 4 might have been a great game but it's more than 10 years old.

Cities XL

http://www.metacriti...me/pc/cities-xl

City Life

http://www.metacriti...me/pc/city-life

Cities in Motion

http://www.metacriti...ities-in-motion

Toropic 4

http://www.metacriti...me/pc/tropico-4

Historically doesn't even matter, we're talking ten years ago. If the series hadn't been rebooted it just never would've come back at all.

Also, that's exactly what Valve will do to Steam accounts if you chargeback. It's also their policy to deny refunds after the game has released, although they have bent policy here and there.

It does matter, there isn't one feature that benefits from always on DRM, all the functionality could have been added that only enabled if the person was online.

I know that's exactly what Valve would do, but an EA PR guy said before the game came out that if you weren't satisfied they would give you a refund, I can't find the source as I can't remember where I saw it, but the fact they promised refunds and now are refusing them even though the game is broken and then threaten to ban your account should you dispute the fact is disgusting.

One user was understandably frustrated with this and tried to ask a refunding citing the official EA press release which said ?if you regrettably feel that we left you down, you can of course request a refund for your order.?

The customer service representative acknowledged the press release but then later added ?it is also the our discretion to process a refund.?

Not only that he also mentioned that if the user tries to dispute it, his ?account will be banned.?

I've got my money's worth and much more.I have no complains.

The level of the depth, detail, and visualization in the new SimCity is remarkable.

Well the depth and detail better be good because it feels like I'm stuck on being zoomed in all the way, except that's my whole city. They need to increase the size of the land you have to work with. I'm sticking with my SimCity 3000 for now.

Now I can get into the game, select create game... "Unable to create game at this time. Please try later".

This is getting tiresome.

I listen to nyancat on loop when i make stupid cities and when I make good cities I listen to hands-up and hardstyle.

it's not the same!

You sound like my kinda girl! lol

Well the depth and detail better be good because it feels like I'm stuck on being zoomed in all the way, except that's my whole city. They need to increase the size of the land you have to work with. I'm sticking with my SimCity 3000 for now.

When I say depth, I mostly mean things like statistics, economics, and finance.

For example, there are dozens of map layers and other data I like to monitor and seek to improve. And when I urgently need to build a hospital or fire or police dept when I don't have enough cash, I can just issue a bond lol.

As for the map size, I have no issues at all with it. On the contrary, rather than building the same type of blocks on large maps over and over, I can just focus on tight-knit communities. And most importantly, you have a whole region to govern, each with three or more towns !