Georgia couple sentenced to 15 years, for child cruelty

DALLAS, GA ? A mother and stepfather who confined their teenage son to a bedroom for years with little food have been sentence to 15 years in prison.

Paulding County District Attorney Dick Donovan says Paul and Sheila Comer pleaded guilty Thursday to charges of cruelty to children and false imprisonment.

Under the plea agreement, they were sentenced to serve 15 years in jail and then 15 more on probation.

Their son, 18-year-old Mitch Comer, was found wandering a Los Angeles bus station on Sept. 11. The emaciated teen told police he had suffered years of abuse.

The Comers have also been ordered to have no contact with minors except with supervision and to forfeit all their assets to be put in a trust for their children.

source

15 years is all?!?

Fire up the frackin' woodchipper :angry:

(I really have zero tolerance for child abusers, rapists etc. Makes my blood just effin' boil because I've seen victims so often first hand.)

forfeit all their assets, wow that's a new one... :o

Not here. Punitive & compensatory damages & fines from whatever source. A recent former Mayor of Detroit was hit up for $1 million and jail after a state perjury conviction. He just spent a weekend in jail because he got a cash gift & didn't report it so the state could attach some of it.