Windows 8 - Storage Spaces - Users opinions?

Those running Windows 8, do you use Storage Spaces feature? If so, what is your hard drive setup? How do you like it? Reason you are using it? Beneficial? Thanks

I am running Windows 8 and I do use the storage spaces feature on my desktop! At the moment I think its awesome that it's made its way into the consumer OS side as opposed to keeping it as a server exclusive (I have it on my server 2012 installations). My desktop setup is a 500GB SSD mirrored to two 1TB HDDs :) I also use the HDDs for media files and other random crap so if one fills up I get a nice little alert then just slot another one into the bay :) For the family AIO I don't have it setup mainly because I can't hot swap the internal components easily!

It is definitely beneficial and an awesome implementation of software RAID (I use them in conjunction) just make sure you have a beefed up processor to handle the copying but it's usually ok because it schedules and postpones tasks according to memory and CPU usage!

The ui is awesome better than the webui for most hardware raid cards but id still use hardware raid over storage spaces any day of the week since its common on intel mobos and 3wares 9xxx cards are cheap with decent performence

Those running Windows 8, do you use Storage Spaces feature? If so, what is your hard drive setup? How do you like it? Reason you are using it? Beneficial? Thanks

I'm using it on my hard drive as it automatically defrags so I don't have to worry about that crap. Just a 1TB that I don't use for anything but backups.

When I used it to combine my SSDs before it caused problems with Ubisoft games (they crashed on load) for reasons I don't know.

So far i haven't really seen too much difference from what i used to do before, i could do RAID 1 and JBOD using the disk manager tool. However it does look good and shows a lot of promise considering this is a v1 product.

Things i would like to see are some kind of data integrity check on files to save them from bitrot, i don't know if this might be something that has to be done on NTFS and not on storage spaces.

It would be nice to have a RAID setting similar to Drobo's method of being able to fully utilize each disks capacity even if they are of different capacities, i.e. one 1.5TB, two 2TB etc.. You can sort of do this with the mirror option, but it would have been good if you could do it to the striping option as i don't really like taking a 50% hit on storage.i.e. 3 x 1TB disks result in 1.5TB of usable storage.