Photo

Simple remote backup sofware?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 100
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 18:15

the software linked to has a FREE version http://r1soft.idera....ver-backup-free

Maybe thats what should of been linked too?

Either way the OP has not bothered to respond with even the most basic of info.. So either they found a solution they are happy with, or maybe they broke up with that GF ;)

#17 +Karl L.

Karl L.

xorangekiller

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 12 March 2013 - 21:36

Thing is if the files are mission critical the extra cost is worth it.

It was just a really good suggestion, no need for you to get mad about it.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to give you the impression that I was angry. My comment was intended to be taken somewhat sarcastically. Maybe I should have tried to instill more inflection with bold or italics, or terminated the sentence with '/s'.

the software linked to has a FREE version http://r1soft.idera....ver-backup-free

Maybe thats what should of been linked too?

Either way the OP has not bothered to respond with even the most basic of info.. So either they found a solution they are happy with, or maybe they broke up with that GF ;)

Thanks for the clarification! Somehow I missed that.

After looking at the company's feature comparison guide, there seems to be no advantage of R1Soft Server Backup Free over rsync besides its purported ease-of-use. In fact, the free version specifically excludes some advanced features that rsync does very well. It doesn't seem competitive IMHO.

#18 farmeunit

farmeunit

The other white meat.

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 12 March 2013 - 21:59

OwnCloud is you have your own server maybe. I've never tried it, but heard good things. I don't know how easy it would be for the "client".

#19 +Karl L.

Karl L.

xorangekiller

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:32

I don't think OwnCloud is quite the backup solution the OP is looking for. It is fairly easy to setup on both the client and server, but it isn't really designed for full system backup.