Dead Space 4 ---- gone.

It's sad that my favorite past time is continually having its innovation and great series killed off simply because those games in question aren't instant multi-million dollar profit machines.

Dead Space was a great survival horror game. Probably the best since Resident Evil 2. And yet EA has consistently stripped the sequels of everything that made the first one great, and then wonder why it doesn't sell well. I didn't buy the second or third one because of the lack of direction/focus. The addition of micro-transactions was the last straw.

I will never support such obvious abusive cash-grab tactics. Good job EA.

To be fair, Dead Space 2 wasn't that bad. It had a lot of what the first game had and arguably one of the most surreal moments in the series (returning to the Ishimura).

• Like 2

I think all horror games out there lose a strop with each new version because you know what to expect the 2nd and 3rd time around. I think the same is true for most games which is why by the 3rd the developers try to change things up and you get die hard fans complaining about it.

The resident evil games are another example of horror turning into more of a action game later on. The game that scared me the most to date is still the original fatal frame, the next two not so much.

• Like 2

I think all horror games out there lose a strop with each new version because you know what to expect the 2nd and 3rd time around. I think the same is true for most games which is why by the 3rd the developers try to change things up and you get die hard fans complaining about it.

True, but I think you should still try to stay true to the strong points of the first installments that were exactly what made them successful. I might still not like the new elements, but as long as you are trying to do something interesting it's fair.

Going down the route of generic shooters on the other hand is cheap and not worth of any kind of appreciation.