Path of Exile

official path of exile grinding gear games action rpg free 2 play f2p

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#46 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 31 October 2013 - 18:18

So, is this only PvE or can you stay clear of that to just enjoy a co-op or single player run?

It is mainly for co-op and single player. PvE's aren't really developed yet in my opinion.

#47 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 31 October 2013 - 18:20

Awesome. Thanks for the info!

#48 OP madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

Posted 31 October 2013 - 18:23

So, is this only PvE or can you stay clear of that to just enjoy a co-op or single player run?

Your free to solo, team up with 1-5 friends, party with 1-5 strangers, as well as single, team, and ctf pvp.

Some guys ironman solo. Meaning hardcore, no trading, no partying. Play however you like.

There are even leagues like cutthroat... You can be rolling around with a full party of 6, grinding and progressing away, when another party of 6 suddenly enters your live zone...

Their party is immediately pitted against yours. If kills are made, full gears will be dropped... It is quite an exciting and intense experience.

#49 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nokia 920

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:59

4-5 hours in, enjoying it so far.  Free to play is nice, all the addon stuff is vanity.. not sure how a business can run that way but either way, they did a really good job on the game.

Nice pace, nice build / spec designs, interesting levels that really pickup once you're out of the zombie starting area.

Way too much to learn though and experiment with, but that's also what sets this apart form D3 where blizz went simple.

#50 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 03 November 2013 - 15:54

So I finished the game a few days ago, beaten Dominus a few times too. My verdict is that the game is polished in any aspect. It has improved quite a lot since the beta. The only drawback I found was it's length. I took my time and still finished it in about 20 hours. New difficulty could offer more intense experience but not a new one for sure.

#51 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 November 2013 - 21:43

So I finished the game a few days ago, beaten Dominus a few times too. My verdict is that the game is polished in any aspect. It has improved quite a lot since the beta. The only drawback I found was it's length. I took my time and still finished it in about 20 hours. New difficulty could offer more intense experience but not a new one for sure.

i typically explore the crap out of everything and try and get all rare monsters, i don't think i'll finish in 20 hours. But, this is definitely the game D3 could have been and its amazing such a small developer studio did this game.  MOTD says a new content release 1.01 is due nov 12th so it looks like this studio is in it for the long haul.

#52 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

Posted 04 November 2013 - 21:57

i typically explore the crap out of everything and try and get all rare monsters, i don't think i'll finish in 20 hours. But, this is definitely the game D3 could have been and its amazing such a small developer studio did this game.  MOTD says a new content release 1.01 is due nov 12th so it looks like this studio is in it for the long haul.

So did I despite the dungeons being randomized every 15 minutes. I guess it was because I played co-op with a Shadow who steamrolls swarms of monsters.

I for one enjoy this one more than I did with Diablo 3. And I hope the new content means more quests or instances.

#53 spudtrooper

spudtrooper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 November 2013 - 22:12

So did I despite the dungeons being randomized every 15 minutes. I guess it was because I played co-op with a Shadow who steamrolls swarms of monsters.

I for one enjoy this one more than I did with Diablo 3. And I hope the new content means more quests or instances.

yeah, i'm running melee, i'm having to spend a but more time keeping my gear up or sword and board with so so dps but great mitigation.

The entire gem and massive spec build capabilities and the 0 reliance on gold is exactly with this dungeon crawler formula need.  I do wish instance timers lasted a bit longer than 15 minutes before reset though

#54 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 November 2013 - 23:00

So I've been playing quite a bit in the last month and I have come to the conclusion that it's not worth playing the hardcore leagues in this game yet.

Desync has gotten me killed more times than I can count and I know it's not a problem that I alone am having because the devs have stated they are trying to work on a fix for it. So it's a pretty widespread issue.

Until that's fixed I don't think I'll bother with the hardcore leagues.

#55 OP madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

Posted 05 May 2014 - 16:20

Podcast with top streamers and lead developer Chris Wilson:

New 2 week Invasion + Ambush race:

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/915739

#56 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:59

August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #1

We've prepared a teaser screenshot of some of the content in August's expansion. We've purposefully left it vague and aren't explaining what's shown in the shot, but plenty of details will be released in six days! It's really interesting seeing your speculation and theories.

That guy in the shot looks a lot like the one on the left of the new website skin, doesn't he?

Click the image to see a larger version:

augteaser1_tn.jpg

Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

https://www.pathofex...w-thread/980839

#57 OP madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

Posted 29 July 2014 - 18:38

Yeah, new 4 month leagues and the 1.2 mini-expansion are right around the corner.

Very exciting.

IMO, PoE has been one of the best games available for a while, it remains 100% free-to-play, and it continues to get better. I'm still playing it almost exclusively. (I play Hearthstone from time-to-time.)

I had planned to buy a console for Destiny, NBA2K15, and some others but I may just continue to wait... Don't need another dust collector.

#58 OP madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

Posted 31 July 2014 - 00:18

First 1.2 notes

http://www.pathofexi...w-thread/985043

#59 Beyond Godlike

Beyond Godlike

Neowinian

Posted 15 August 2014 - 17:52

Did they ever add damage numbers like in other games, like those numbers that pop up showing how much you did and detailed crits etc.  I always really enjoyed that in previous hack n slash games but missed it the last time i played PoE. 

#60 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 August 2014 - 18:38

Did they ever add damage numbers like in other games, like those numbers that pop up showing how much you did and detailed crits etc.  I always really enjoyed that in previous hack n slash games but missed it the last time i played PoE. 

Nope, pretty sure they stated they won't add them either. PoE is very fast-paced and heavy on the action (lots of skills flying around and what not). Damage numbers would honestly clutter the screen up too much IMO.

That being said, with the passive tree changes, the build I've been planning (after playing it on standard and liking it) is getting more health, mana, resists (from the tree), block, spell block, %increased damage from the tree. On top of that the skill I'm using is being all around buffed. Literally the only thing not being buffed about my build is its group utility and the reserved mana cost of clarity.