I had the game installed for some time but only just recently got into it. I love the graphics and gameplay. I find the talent tree to be incredibly complex. If there are any forums that I can read for help on specs and gameplay I'd like to check it out. I also looked at the micro transactions to see what kind of gear was available. I was appalled to see that the top end supporter package is $500! Does anyone really spend that for virtual items? Can you get through the game without having that kind of gear?

All the gear you get from supporter packages (and micro-transactions in general) are 100% cosmetic. So yes you can get through the game without having that gear, as it doesn't make you stronger in any way what so ever.

If you think $500 is bad, you're lucky you didn't see the $1,000 packages they used to sell. Though that package allowed you to work with the developers to design a unique that would be added to the game (note that you did not get a copy of this unique when it was added, you had to find it just like everyone else).

As for finding out gameplay or build tips, the official forums are overall the most complete place to look. You will have to dig around some threads and do some reading but there is not better single source IMO for builds and the like.

The game has really beautiful art and visual effects, and monster design, and I enjoyed playing the game through just to see all the game design.

Though, its also extremely grindy. Its basically a level rail, because you just get weapons with higher and higher stats as you go through game levels, and the magic seems really cheapened because you get it from the beginning of the game no matter how you play, and because your health and mana easily refill and its easy to get back where you want to go, there's basically no threat to you.

So, after winning the game once and seeing everything once, I have no desire to play it anymore.

All the gear you get from supporter packages (and micro-transactions in general) are 100% cosmetic. So yes you can get through the game without having that gear, as it doesn't make you stronger in any way what so ever.

If you think $500 is bad, you're lucky you didn't see the $1,000 packages they used to sell. Though that package allowed you to work with the developers to design a unique that would be added to the game (note that you did not get a copy of this unique when it was added, you had to find it just like everyone else).

As for finding out gameplay or build tips, the official forums are overall the most complete place to look. You will have to dig around some threads and do some reading but there is not better single source IMO for builds and the like.

Thanks, that sure is good to know that the gear is cosmetic. For $500, I would think the gear would have some stellar specs!