Birthday cake surprise

Nathan Bibeau of Lewiston, Maine said he made an unsettling discovery during his son Cayden?s 2nd birthday celebration.

After the toddler blew out the candles, his Elmo-themed cake was cut and four pieces in, he found a paring knife inside the dessert.

So the party was paused and Bibeau called the Auburn Walmart bakery where he purchased the cake to inform them. As reported by WGME 13, Walmart spokeswoman Kayla Whaling said, "This should not have happened.

We're thankful no one was hurt and sincerely apologize to our customers for their experience. We are reaching out to the family to resolve this."

Whaling also told WGME that Walmart is taking actions to prevent this from happening again and are eliminating the use of that particular knife in their bakeries across the country.

Bibeau confirmed that Walmart offered him a refund and called to rectify the situation.

While the father says he understands that mistakes can happen and will still shop at Walmart, he has contacted a lawyer and is considering legal action.

source & video

While the father says he understands that mistakes can happen and will still shop at Walmart, he has contacted a lawyer and is considering legal action.

What an *******. **** happens, mistakes are made, no one was hurt. There is NO NEED for legal action here. That guy was just looking for someone to sue.

Whaling also told WGME that Walmart is taking actions to prevent this from happening again and are eliminating the use of that particular knife in their bakeries across the country.

How is not using a certain kind of knife going to stop this from happening again? No only knifes fit in cakes? Employees just need to be more careful...eliminating the use of a kind of knife will not help if the employees are not paying attention.

• Like 3

It's people like this that make this country a legal sh*thaven. Always looking for reasons to weasel some money out of somebody. :no:

LOL what does the type of knife have to do with anything....

If you figure that out, please let me know. :)

[/color]

It's people like this that make this country a legal sh*thaven. Always looking for reasons to weasel some money out of somebody. :no:

Yup, this issue shouldnt even be considered in a court.

What an *******. **** happens, mistakes are made, no one was hurt. There is NO NEED for legal action here. That guy was just looking for someone to sue.

Yes, but I would venture to say most people would do the same thing. To be honest, sure, I'd look at my options. Sometimes the only way companies learn is by hitting them in their wallets.

Wait until folks start suing over the horsemeat scandal.

Yes, but I would venture to say most people would do the same thing. To be honest, sure, I'd look at my options. Somtimes the only way companies learn is by hitting them in their wallets.

If I was injured, sure I would consider legal action. If Walmart were being ###### and not offering a solution or a little compensation, then sure I would sue. But here there is no need for it. If this happened to me and no one was hurt, **** happens. If it happened more than once at the same place...then that is different.

A true American. :laugh:

What a load of nonsense. Obviously someone was hurt here, think of all the emotional damage the kid and his parents endured from this clearly traumatic incident. They'll be scarred for years to come.

The nerve of some people....

LOL what does the type of knife have to do with anything....

Probably because a paring knife is pretty small and can easily be dropped into batter and lost. If they are using larger chef knives then you are less likely to loose it. Trust me, I'm a cook at home :)

They should ban him from every one of their shops (Y)

What if this cake ended up in a prison? Are they going to 'include' a file? :D