• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#31 BoDEAN

BoDEAN

REDHead

• 2,934 posts
  • Phone: Iphone

Posted 07 March 2013 - 15:25

Sounds like this guy needs to find a new field of work....

#32 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,472 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 15:26

Sounds like this guy needs to find a new field of work....

I don't think quitting and finding a new job every time you have a bad day/incident is an option for most people.

#33 hamslammer

hamslammer

Neowinian

• 235 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 15:27

The $10 tip was fair in my opinion. He is getting paid as well, shouldn't have a complaint about this tip

#34 The Laughing Man

The Laughing Man

Neowinian Senior

• 2,964 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 15:30

Reading some of the comments in this thread made my day!

#35 Zodiarck

Zodiarck

Neowinian

• 186 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 15:32

Around these parts we rarely tip, wherever it's delivery or at a restaurant , just like it was said before, the typical 10% of the bill tip is a USA thing .
When i used to work with my father, we rarely got any tips , and we found it normal ..
I also think it would be wise for the USA to rise the minimum payment per hour to these jobs , and not base it on tips , people aren't obliged to tip.

#36 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,914 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 19:07

Where I live it costs extra to get the pizza/food delivered. Doesn't that money go to the delivery person?

If they are smart, the delivery driver pulls out the tip, puts it aside, and does not report it.

#37 SPEhosting

SPEhosting

C++ n00b

• 2,831 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 20:48

wow. then you should get off your lazy *** and go pick up the food yourself.

...or he could quit being a bitch and stop moaning... its his job he is not owed a damn thing... why doesn't he get a real job... 99% of people really annoy me

#38 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,253 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 21:32

...or he could quit being a bitch and stop moaning... its his job he is not owed a damn thing... why doesn't he get a real job... 99% of people really annoy me

what's a "real" job? How do you know its not some kid in high school just working for extra cash? Better than the dead beats who dont work at all and collect unemployment. And enough with this "its his job", here in the US its common practice to tip food delivery people, Im not saying its right, but thats just how it is. If you arent prepared to tip... then go pick it up yourself.

#39 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 60,914 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 21:37

^ Not everyone who does not work is a 'deadbeat' -- sometimes there just are not enough jobs, or a person is not qualified to do it.

#40 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• 5,253 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 21:40

^ Not everyone who does not work is a 'deadbeat' -- sometimes there just are not enough jobs, or a person is not qualified to do it.

not the point of what I was saying. read the context, just saying how the person I quoted said "real job"

#41 HSoft

HSoft

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 21:53

This guy is possibly making $3 per hour. He delivers 85 pizzas which will take slightly more time than just delivering one pizza, say an extra 20 mins to load and unload. He gets a $10 tip. So in that hour he's made $13, quite a bit above minumum wage....
What's the problem here?

#42 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• 20,328 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 22:01

I wouldn't have given him anything, he gets his paycheck from the guy who gets my money for the pizzas.

#43 +dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• 9,691 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SII

Posted 07 March 2013 - 22:02

That's why tipping should be optional and the minimum wage should be a sensible amount. People shouldn't have to rely on optional tips for doing their job.

I agree to an extent, but I believe the idea is to have an incentive to be a decent host. Otherwise, doing a half-assed job is going to determine your pay. Considering how hectic it can be working in a restaurant for example, it can either make or break you sometimes. My cousin for instance made around $360 in one night working around the holidays. She busts her butt for it, but it's kind of nice knowing you can make more money if you work hard or go the extra mile. It's that kind of stuff that brings people back to the restaurant too, as well as keeps people working jobs like that.

#44 arachnoid

arachnoid

Call the Opticians

• 2,990 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 22:09

!: US should pay employees a decent minimum wage and stop scamming the employees and the customers
2: $10 is more than enough for just delivering the pizzas
3: you all forget the guys who actually make the pizzas they get none of the tip but do all the hard work

#45 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 15,480 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 07 March 2013 - 22:16

I agree to an extent, but I believe the idea is to have an incentive to be a decent host. Otherwise, doing a half-assed job is going to determine your pay.

The problem with obligatory tipping is that people can refuse to pay it, even if the service is excellent. It doesn't make sense to pay a fixed price for a meal and service at McDonald's yet be free to not pay for your service at a quality restaurant. The price of the meal should include service, with any tip being completely optional. Employers in the US are getting away with treating employees like dirt.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!